Vll

They kept low in the bushes, not wanting to be spotted and killed by the alleged axe murdered. "Hey, come on, come here." John B whispered, gesturing them all closer to him by wiggling his finger.

"So here's the plan. We need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter." He explained to them all, not noticing how all of their brows furrowed. "Okay, like, what kind of water?" Pope began, "like, pond water?" He question John B who clearly wasn't sure how to answer that question.

"Bong water?" JJ chuckled, looking up at them all and shaking his head in confusion when they all shot him looks. "No. It— it just said look for water, okay?" John B tried to get them all on the same page.

"Dude, I think that's like, metaphorical." Lana B chuckled, glancing at Kie. "Yeah, and that's the shittiest secret message ever." She said, standing up with Alana and continuing to walk down the path.

"You two wanna complain a little more? Nobody said it was gonna be easy." John B muttered, following after the girls.

Alana angrily shoved the branches away, annoyed when she felt a trickle of blood run down her cheek. "Damn plants." She muttered, making Kiara turn back to her.

"Hey, psst! Hey, come on, it's the only place we haven't looked." John B whispered while JJ got attacked by a bird, the sight of which made Lana started laughing.

"Here we go." John B mumbled to himself, pushing the miniature door open. They stepped inside the basement, which held a lot of rusty, old furniture. "Down came Mrs. Crain and cut off all our heads." JJ began to sing from behind Lana, making her jump. "Dude, stop."

"Out came the sun and dried up all the blood." He was about to continue his freestyle song when Pope cut him off. "Can you stop?" 

They heard creaking coming from above them, Kie and John B gasping. "See any water?" She questioned sarcastically while one of the boys shined the torch on a toy baby bed. "Agh!" Lana gasped, swatting a mosquito away from her face.

"Hey, you good?" JJ questioned, putting a hand on her jaw and wiping away the trail of blood on her cheek. Lana nodded, leaning down to kiss his hand.

"Another dead end?" Kiara asked after scoffing at the twos antics. "There's not even water on the pipes." JJ said, running his hands over the rusty pipes in a confused manner. "There's no water here." Pope concluded.

"Not a dropamino."

"You know why we didn't find it?" Kie questioned, pausing to take a breath. "Bad karma." She said.

"Oh, god, here we go." Lana scoffed, turning her back on the babbling girl to examine the pipes on the other wall. "You know, we had a good thing going. And then you," she turned to John B angrily. "Decided to rope in Barbie, and now the trails gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not." She said, glancing around.

"Shut up Kiara." Lana muttered while her brother also jumped in to defend Sarah. "This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah." He pushed.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. What the hells the deal with you two?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Kie began to raise her voice, making Lana and the others shush her frantically.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?" John B asked cockily, making Alana's jaw drop. "You knew about this?" She turned to JJ who quickly avoided her gaze.

Lana turned back quickly when she heard a smack land on John B's face. "Oh!" Pope exclaimed.

"Oh, shit."

"That echoed, dude!" They whispered amongst each other.

"Stop treating me like some girl that's obsessed with you, instead of your best friend who's actually trying to look out for you." Kiara said. "Did you, uh, hit me?" John B asked, completely ignoring what Kiara had said.

"Skeeter." Kiara said, showing the dead mosquito in her hand as proof. "Skeeter? Yeah?" John B smacked her, hard.

"Oh, hey!" JJ jumped into protection mode. "Alright— no.."

"Where's your proof?" Kiara asked, as Lana rolled her eyes. John B could literally form dead mosquito's out of thin air. "Skeeter." He said, raising his hand. 

"What the fuck?" Lana B screeched when she felt multiple mosquitos bite her at once. "Hey! Sh, sh, keep it down!" JJ shouted at her. "Why are there so many mosquitoes in a basement.." pope continued to prove himself as the smartest of the group while JJ complained about vampire bats.

Alana ignored what they were complaining about, instead choosing to focus on what Pope seemed to be discovering. He dropped a small stone into a hole in the ground, as their eyes both widened when they heard water splashing. "Help us move this, help us." Pope called out to the others, pushing his torch in John B's hand.

"Oh my gosh."

"Well, well, well." Pope chuckled.

"That was a good dad joke."

"They built this part of the house right over it." Kie mumbled. "This is where she hid the bodies." JJ whispered, making Lana shove him by the shoulders. "Oh, dude, come on." Pope shushed. "Stop." Kie whined, her heart thumping at his words.

"It was never an outhouse." JJ, jumping to conclusions. "So.." pope began, making the bickering quiet down. "We found water." He turned to look up at John B who was smiling.

"We're gonna need a big rope."

A/N

🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗

tysm for 400 reads !! i appreciate you all 🫵😝