(㇏(25)ノ)

Devon stared at the footage. Many emotions ran through him. Worry; dread; anger; anxiety, but the worse one, one that he felt way more intensely, Rage.

It was already late as it is in Japan, but in the USA it wasn't. It was early morning and his mother was on the phone trying to get Devon to speak to her.

“Devon! Listen to me, now. We are working on investigating the scenes of the crime! Stay there!” It all landed on deaf ears. “By the time you come back, we'll have leads at least!”

Devon ended the call, his eyes blazing with red. He breathed heavily.

Dan…

He had to find him. He had to bring him home. He packed all his belongings, making sure he has the puzzles and other trinkets that he had bought Dan as a surprise.

Luckily, his hosts didn't try to stop him. Whether it was because Devon's eyes were screaming that he was beyond angry or whether they didn't mind, Devon didn't know. Not that he exactly cared.

He was on a jet on his way home. He lept trying to get in touch with Wennie to get answers, but the more voicemails he received, the more he knew she was part of the problem.

A new emotion presented itself…Guilt.

He hired Wennie. He let her into his space and Dan's space. She was behind this with outside and inside help.

Devon wondered whether Wennie and the worker that snucked into his room were the same person.

Can't this tin bucket go faster!

“The hell is going on, Devon!” Devon looked down at his screen to see that it was Warrick.

“Nothing you should be concerned about, okay!”

Warrick didn't retort back, instead he just sent a middle finger emoji. Devon growled turning off his phone as he put it away.

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Dan groaned. Groaning turned into pleas for Devon to soothe the pain and for him to hold on to the human, but he felt nothing soothing. He didn't feel the strong and yet gentle arms holding onto him.

All he felt wrapped around him was a blanket, and a cushion he was snuggling and grasping from the pain.

Devon! Where are you!

Dan's headache is simply too much to focus on Devon's mind. He sat up straight. First thing he noticed is the very noticeable decor changes. The room smelt of old wood and scented sandal.

On one of the wooden walls stood a proud roaring bear's head with a golden plate inscription underneath. Portraits of an old farmer, English family rested on one of the other walls. There were no windows. A slow swift draft came from a ceiling fan.

Dan took hold of a drawer dresser next to the bed as he tried to stand up. He immediately felt dizzy, black haziness covering his line of sight.

He felt sick and wanted to die. He glared at the door as he took deep breaths.
Following along the walls using the dressers, chairs and book cases to hold him up, he slowly made his way to the door on the opposite wall.

A million things went through his mind. He tried to remember where he was. How he got there? Who brought him here? Where's Devon? Is he here, too?

Dan hissed when he stumped his toe against the corner of a small chair nestled between the desk and a table. Swallowing the brief pain of that, he kept moving forward.