Chapter 12

Heeseung smiled, still standing in the hallway of your floor. You grabbed his hand, then pulled him in for a hug. He was cautious, not wanting to make your injuries worse. You stood in his embrace, thinking about how grateful you actually were for his kindness these past two days. 

"Can I take this as you accepting my apology?" Heeseung asked, breaking the silence. 

"Mmmm, maybe..." You said, letting go of him.

"Guess I still have some work to do then," Heeseung laughed. "Get well soon, y/n. Let me know once Sunoo gets back."

"Of course!" You replied, watching as Heeseung turned around to leave.

You stood in the doorway, waiting for him to get to the elevator. He turned around, waving at you, before getting into the elevator. You wave back, then walk back into your apartment. You caught yourself smiling, but you brushed it off. It was probably just because it'd been a while since someone had done something so nice for you.

---------------------

You were sitting on the couch, watching an episode of your favourite show. The doorbell rang and you knew it was Wonyoung. You got up from the couch, leaving your blanket behind. When you opened the door, you were met with Wonyoung's smiley face.

"Sorry I'm late! My gym sess went overtime. How are you feeling?" She asked, as she placed her bag down on the floor.

"Not too bad. It's still a bit achy sometimes but for the most part, I'm doing alright," You replied, while closing the front door.

"I'm gonna make some breakfast. You want anything?" Wonyoung asked as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Nah, Heeseung made me some French toast," You told Wonyoung, causing her to smirk at you.

"Of course he did!" Wonyoung said in a suggestive tone.

"Hey, he's just helping a friend out. His words, not mine," You defended yourself.

"Mmmm, whatever you say girl. He's still obsessed with you," She giggled, pulling out a pan from the drawers.

"No he's not!" You whine at Wonyoung.

She ignores your complaint, and continues making her breakfast. You sit on the kitchen counter, watching your friend cook. Her words were making you question yourself. Did Heeseung actually see you as a friend? You couldn't get the thought out of your head. Maybe he was just trying to hide how he felt and move on.

"Do you actually think he's still obsessed with me?" You shyly asked.

"I TOLD YOUUUUUU!" Wonyoung fake screamed, causing you both to erupt into laughter.

---------------------

You've been at home for two days, slowly getting better. Hannah would come home for a few hours every day, then go back to make sure Sunoo had company. Wonyoung was working today, so you asked Jake to keep you company. The two of you were sitting on the couch, watching an episode of Gossip Girl, much to Jake's dismay. But he let it slide just this once. Because he felt terrible that he wasn't around to help you, Hannah and Sunoo on that day. He hadn't asked any questions yet, wanting to make sure that you were in the mood to talk.