Chapter 5

You were sitting across from Heeseung, in a beautiful restaurant. The lights were dimmed and the whole restaurant smelt amazing. While you waited for your food to arrive, Heeseung decided to start a conversation. 

"So, what have you been up to since highschool? Tell me everything, I feel like I've missed out on a big part of your life..." Heeseung said the last part with a regretful tone, as if he wished that he could've experienced more of your life. 

"Well, Hannah and I decided to move here, since it's closer to the university. And plus, we needed a change." You said, waiting for Heeseung's response. He nodded his head, signalling for you to keep talking about your life. 

"I'm actually doing my dream course now!" You said, not being able to hide how happy you were that you were accomplishing your dreams. 

"Really?!? I remember you used to talk about it all the time back when we were still in school. Oh, those were the days!" Heeseung chuckled a little. You smiled as well, thinking back to when he'd listen to you talk about your dream course for hours. 

"Enough about me, what have you been up to Heeseung?" You ask. 

"Eh, not much. I finished my business course last year. Not that I was really interested in it, but for the sake of my parents and just having a degree to my name. I just started an online course as well. Marketing to be precise. And I got a job at a company, which is why I moved here to begin with." 

"Oh wow, that's amazing! It's good that you've been able to find yourself a job. You know, in this current state of the world, it's hard for fresh graduates to find good jobs" You said, trying to steer the conversation to a more general route, rather than making it about either of you. Heeseung slightly laughed at your comment, before nodding in agreement. 

---------------------

The two of you finished up your food, and Heeseung paid the bill after you fought over it for about 5 minutes. 

"Soooo, you wanna go over to my place? We can just talk a little bit more..." Heeseung asked, his voice a little bit shy. 

"Yeah, why not? Let me tell Hannah that I'll be late, I don't want her to worry." You said, as you pulled out your phone to text your bestfriend. 

"Of course, of course, take your time." 

---------------------

You were in the car again, this time on the way to Heeseung's new apartment. You looked outside at the beautiful stars and let your mind wander. If anyone had asked you even a month ago, whether you would want to see Heeseung, your answer would have been an immediate no. But now that you're sitting barely a few inches away from him, you realise that he isn't as bad as you thought he was. He made a mistake, and you admit that, but obviously people change. People grow up, and they mature. His mistake did hurt you, and took a long time to get over, but maybe you could forgive him. And maybe, just maybe, you could give him another chance. 

"Hey, y/n, we're here" Heeseung's voice brought you back to reality.

Heeseung turned his car off, and walked to your door. He opened it for you, as you got out. Even though you were just in the car park of the apartment complex, you could tell that it was fancy. Heeseung's car was parked in a personal parking with his name on a sign, and to top it all off, the car park was fully underground. You followed Heeseung's lead, into an elevator. He pressed the button for the 15th floor, and the two of you waited slightly awkwardly to reach his floor.