Chapter 19

Monday morning had rolled around quicker than you expected. You had barely started the semester, but you were already feeling the work piling up. I guess this is just what it feels like in your final semester, you convinced yourself. And to add to all the work you had, you practically spent the entirety of your day yesterday, gossiping with Sunoo and Hannah about her night out with Romeo. So, it was safe to say that you got absolutely no work done. 

But it was definitely interesting to hear how Hannah's night had gone. She basically went on and on for hours about how nice it was to see Romeo. Much to your disgust. The whole day yesterday, Hannah was smiling like crazy, and you were sure it was because of Romeo. So, you were glad that Hannah was starting to feel confident with herself again. And maybe, just maybe, you might be able to forgive Romeo if he were to change and treat your bestie right.

---------------------

You were supposed to be going to class with Jake and Sunghoon today. Although you did want to take some time for yourself, you couldn't say no to your best friends. You were at the train station, waiting for the boys so that you could take public transport to university. Usually Jake would drive the three of you, but you decided to take public transport just for the fun of it.

You sat down on the seats, as you waited for Sunghoon and Jake to arrive at the station. You knew they were going to be late, as they had a tendency to try to sleep in as much as possible on the days they had class. The two of them had somehow managed to shove all their classes into three days. But that also meant they had really long hours on campus sometimes, so they tried to get as much rest as possible before class. While you were scrolling through your phone mindlessly trying to pass the time, you heard two familiar voices.

"Ah, there she is!" You heard Sunghoon say, his voice getting louder as he and Jake got closer. You turned around to make sure it was them, and then you stood up from the seat.

"You guys almost made me miss the train," you said to the two of them, as you all made your way to the train platform.

"Could've gone without us, y/n," Sunghoon said, shooting you a teasing look.

"She can't miss out on a chance to see her besties, you know that, Hoon." Jake laughed as he looked at you rolling your eyes.

You felt the breeze pick up and realised the train was on its way. You motioned to the boys and you all walked closer to the train. Once it came to a stop, the three of you got on and chose an empty group of seats so that you could all sit together. Sunghoon was sitting next to you, while Jake faced the two of you and sat in front of Sunghoon. You all placed your bags down, being careful as your laptop was in it. 

The morning sun was out and directly hitting you, even inside the train. Jake noticed how the sun was illuminating all your best features. Your eyes were almost sparkling in the light, and Jake couldn't help but stare. And Sunghoon, being a good friend, noticed how Jake looked at you. So much love, Sunghoon thought to himself. If only Jake could realise it. But both you and Jake were oblivious to what Sunghoon was noticing. 

The train journey was basically just a Sunghoon rant session. He spent more than half the train ride complaining about the new students at the ice skating rink. As much as he loved ice skating and working at the rink, he sometimes hated the people who'd show up.