chapter 10: new weapons

Liam was fighting his inner thought, he was not afraid of blake at least not after meeting harry but mist forest is a dangerous place and he doesn't want his new friends to put their life on line.
       He was gritting his teeth but after a long consideration he came to a decision and said " i will accept your challenge if the elders will judge our competition ".

Now he was so happy that he came up with such a good idea. Throughout the competition elders will oversee them so there are less chances of life and death situation to occur and second objective is also completed, that blake won't be able to play underhand tricks.

"I have no problem with your suggestion besides you won't be able to decline your loss" blake said while laughing.

Liam chuckled and got passed blake while harry and other two followed him closely.
    After getting a considerable distance between them and blake other 3 bombarded liam with questions. "Is he the one competing with you"...."what is the mist forest"...."where is the mist forest"....

"Wait..wait i will tell you" liam assured that their curiosity will be helped.
"He is blake alphanso who is competing with me for the seat of lord on behalf of his fathers" liam said.

"Can you tell us about mist forest, you said even elites think twice before entering" tyler asked curiously.

"Oh that.." only two words came from his mouth and then he started looking far in the sky.
       Others thought that maybe he is organising his words to explain or it is that much traumatic to even talk about it.

After a while he started talking.
"I was wondering how I should explain but now thinking of it,i should be honest.
       Mist forest is not dangerous because of the beast, even though they are tough compared to outside beasts but not enough to make elites shiver."

"At the start there were many people going in the forest to hunt because of the abundant number of beasts and there were frequent cases of people going missing. We ignored it because it's normal to die while hunting.
      But one day from a higher city a person came here. He was higher level than elemental master".

At this point of the story everyone's jaws dropped because they never heard of the level after a elemental master. Harry took a mantle note to ask the system about all the cultivation levels.

Liam continued ignoring his fellows reaction
"That person entered the mist forest, according to rumours he was here to seek some type of treasure but till now he never came back and then we started noticing that people mostly go missing here instead of dying.
       Even some time members of the elite team go missing without any trace. no one ever founded where people go missing."

Harry raised his eyebrows when he heard a person passed elemental master go missing.

"Although it's rare that someone goes missing, there is a certainty that if it's your bad day you can vanish without any exception." Liam concluded.

"Why would a person who is a high level cultivator come to this city" harry asked without expecting any answer but opposite to his expectations liam came with an answer that made harry curious.

"There are rumours that there is a tomb of god level cultivator,everyone who goes missing were selected to take the test to inherit the Lineage of that cultivator but they failed in the task, who knows if it's true or not." Liam replied.

"Then there should be many people trying to get missing in hope of getting rewards from god level cultivator" meru said nonchalantly.

The other three gave her a weird look because they can't think of anyone who wants to die based on some rumours.

"So what do you all think" liam eventually asked.
Others were confused with the sudden question
So they all said in unison " about what".
"About, you want to go in the mist forest or not,now you know there is always a chance of death although there will be elders".

They looked at each other because none of them even got a single thought of backing out, liam already helped them more than anyone could,so they were more than happy to repay.
      The next movement they put their hands on each other's. Looking at such a childish thing liam hesitated but eventually he joined them.

"Then let's start preparing" liam said.
    They were following liam because he wanted to buy things from the market.

"Krish,can you tell me different level".
["I can certainly do that. The start point is 'foundation building', they are not fully cultivaters and they also don't have vast difference in power compared to normal humans.
Then there is 'elemental master' who can control one element.
Then there is 'spiritual sage' who can control spiritual energy around them and also can fly although they have some restriction.
After that there is celestial sage's who can fly freely without any restriction and can also control energy on vast level.

There are more but it should be enough for now."]

Harry nodded and got excited on the thought of flying and also felt like the frog who is unaware of the outer world. He took a deep breath and came to a decision that he will enter the 'philosophers academy'.
       There are many benefits entering the academy, like a chance to go in high tier cities where he suspected his father and maria to be. But mostly he wants to go there to become powerful and he will be able to learn about different cultivaters.

"Anyone could give the entrance test of the philosophers academy" harry said in a questioning tone.

Liam was confused, why did Harry bring this topic but he didn't think too much and replied
"Yes anyone could take an entrance test, they mostly see your talent so there is no certain level."

"See i am planning to take the entrance test so Can you tell me more about it" harry said.

"They check your talent considering which environment you grew up in. For example in this city's environment if you are able to achieve level 6 in your 20s then you have decent talent to enter the academy but considering you recently awakened and at level 6, you could easily pass the test." Liam explained.

Harry didn't reveal that he is now at lvl 7 and he has no intention to reveal even for the entrance test because it is already too much for a recently awakened person to reach level 6 in just 2 days.
       He didn't want to bring too much attention to himself at least not until he could protect himself.

They entered the same previous shop and took a body tempering serum for tyler so he could level up unfortunately there was no serum for meru to level up.
         And then they came to a big shop which according to liam is the star association official shop.

"I was saving some money for this day since i can't get help from my family" liam said.

The other three understood the meaning behind Liam's words because where they entered is a weapon shop and there were several weapons.

"Since you will help me so at least we can assure our safety from getting better weapons. I have enough money to buy you all an intermediate level weapon. You can choose your favourite weapons."

There were weapons hanging on the wall and were divided in categories based on their tier.
Harry was confused when he used his inspect skill because all basic tier weapons has different skill like he saw previously but in intermediate weapons some of the weapons Don't have skill instant of it there was only shown that they are intermediate weapons but most surprising thing was in advance tier weapons because almost none of them has no skill and they were differentiated in pseudo human level 7,8 and 9.

'Is it because the system is unable to see what skill they possess' harry thought to himself but then it didn't explain why it could show the skills of other same level weapons.
      He wanted to confirm it so he asked Liam pointing one of the intermediate weapons to which the system was unable to show any skill, "what skill does this weapon possess".

When liam saw the weapon he asked the manager of shop about it and came back "its an 'original'" liam said.