The Meeting

It wasn't like him, the Dragon of Domination, to care for the lives of weaker beings. He had killed thousands, probably even millions, of lesser life forms and never blinked an eye. So long as it benefited him, he would do it. If it didn't, then he would discard it like so much dust.

That is just who Ddraig is.

And yet, when faced with a newly born dragon, clearly abandoned by its sire, Ddraig found that he couldn't just let it be. He knew that in its current state the hatchling would soon die without a mother or father to protect it, but that isn't what bothered him.

He had seen hatchlings left to fend for their own and not raise a claw to help them. No, what drew his attention was not its helplessness, but it's features. For this dragon was like no other dragon Ddraig had seen. It was almost alien, even.

It's skin, glowing an ethereal blue, appears crystalline and transparent. It has two eyes and what Ddraig could only describe as sensory organs running up the length of its horns. And finally, it's wings are frayed at the edge of the membrane and are grayish-blue in color.

In one word: unnatural

In one word: unnatural. In another: unique.

Which makes Ddraig curious. He couldn't help but wonder what this strange dragon will become. So, on a whim, Ddraig decided to be this hatchling's protector, in lieu of its absent parents.

Looking down at the strange creature, that starred back up at him in turn, the red dragon spoke clearly and deeply. "From now on, you will do what I say. And in return, I will guide you until maturity."

The blue dragon blinked and titled its head, confused.

Ddraig sighed. "... I should really leave stuff like this to Tannin, huh." Shaking his head, he continued. "Regardless, you're going to need a name."

In draconic custom, hatchlings are given names that reflect them. But are subject to change. For instance, Ddraig was named Y Ddraig Goch at birth. Meaning "The Red Dragon". While Crom Cruach earned his name through his actions, and his name means "Crooked and Bloody".

After thinking for a minute, Ddraig decided. "You are a strange creature, unlike any other. So you will be called Xeno. Xeno'jiiva. It means 'Strange Soul', young one."

The dragon blinked once more.

Ddraig sulked in disappointed. "No reaction... I worked so hard on that, too." He said and scooped up the small dragon and placed him on his back.

"One day, you're name will be known far and wide. I'm sure of it. Only one such as that could catch my eye, after all. And I'll make sure you reach that potential... my one and only son."

-_-

The picture above belongs to u/aschenprince on Reddit. He makes similar stuff there, so go check him out if you want.

I hope you enjoyed this small prologue.