The Ultimate

Deviljho is a truly terrible monster.

Ferocious and powerful. Ambitious and fearless. He attacks anything and everything that moves. Devouring them before they even take their last breath in hopes of finding a sooner query. Like a rabid beast trying to satiate his hunger.

Xeno'jiiva did not doubt that Deviljho would even give Elder Dragons a tough time, given the chance. Which is why he has to beat him. Because Deviljho represents his goal and defeating him would mean achieving Elder Dragon status, or something close to it.

But Ddraig's warning proved necessary over these last 11 days. No matter what Xeno tried, he couldn't beat the Deviljho once, let alone kill him. His scales protected him from Xeno'jiiva's rays and his physical attacks meant nothing to Deviljho, who was stronger in that area than Xeno'jiiva could hope to become in such a short time.

Meaning that Xeno'jiiva can't beat Deviljho on his own; just like with the Anjanath. But this time there isn't a creature around that can help him. He killed them all already. So with nothing else, he asked his father for advice...

"Father, how do YOU defeat opponents stronger than you?"

Ddraig turned his attention away from his meal. "Is this about Deviljho?" He wondered.

Xeno'jiiva nodded.

"Then, I would say that I use special attacks to defeat them. Even if they are stronger than me, if I can land one of those attacks, I'm sure that I could win... Within reason, of course." He added at the end.

Xeno tilted his head. "Special attacks? Like my bio-energy output?" He pondered.

Ddraig shook his head. "Not exactly. By special attacks, I mean a finishing move. Something that will tip the odds of winning in your favor. Like my Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames."

"... That is a long ass name." Xeno'jiiva snickered. His tail wagging.

"It was a long time ago." Ddraig defended. "Regardless, I suggest you create your finishing move. It should be possible at your current level. And very helpful against Deviljho, since breaking his scales seems to be your primary concern."

Xeno'jiiva nodded. "Do you think it will work?" If he can break the scales, the fight will be much more plausible.

Ddraig shrugged. "Depends on what you make."

"Do you have any ideas?" Xeno asked again.

"No. What works for me won't work for you. That's just how attacks like that work." Ddraig explained. "So just focus on what you're good at and expand on it. I'm sure you can figure something out."

Xeno'jiiva thought about it. 'What I'm good at...' He remembered his earlier pondering and came to a conclusion. 'Bio-Energy!' Whatever finishing move he came up with, bio-energy would be the key to creating it. He was sure of it.

"Thank you, father. I know what to do now." He bowed his head.

"I'm glad. Now get to work. You have 9 days left to make good on your promise, Xeno'jiiva. Master the move and defeat Deviljho in that time or fall short of your declaration. These are the only outcomes left for you, understood?"

Xeno'jiiva nodded. "Understood."

-_-

9 days later, Deviljho feasted on a Great Girros. Ripping flesh from bone in a vicious but effective way, starving. He had never been so hungry before. So desperate that he would eat a smaller monster like this one. Because, for some reason, all the other larger monsters have disappeared. Gone entirely.

Which was, of course, Xeno'jiiva's doing.

Muching, Deviljho suddenly jumped away from the Great Girros and not a moment later, Xeno'jiiva appeared in his previous spot. The dragon's claws extended, and the two made eye contact. Deviljho recognized him.

"RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Xeno'jiiva chuckled at his rage. "It's good to see you again too, Deviljho. Fortunately, this will be our last meeting."

The wyvern roared again, much louder than before, before it leaped across the clearing at Xeno'jiiva. Who jumped back in a show of agility despite his size and narrowly avoided him. Sending the violent one grinding against the dirt instead.

'Thanks to his small arms, he can't catch himself at all.' Xeno'jiiva smirked. 'He just throws himself around until he crushes his opponent; a strangely effective tactic thanks to his size and strength.'

Keeping his distance, he unleashed a searing blue ray at the downed Deviljho. But the beast had already picked himself back up. Allowing him to attack with the same ferocity. Ending Xeno's attack as he dodged with a flap of his wings. Deviljho hot in pursuit.

The beast didn't even think between attacks. He just kept attacking Xeno'jiiva, over and over again. He was fast, but not as fast as Xeno. Each of his attacks were narrowly avoiding. Keeping Deviljho in range of attack, but just far enough that he could dodge.

A dangerous game, full of risks and rewards.

'We're getting close.' Xeno thought as he ducked under a tail swipe. 'Just a little bit further...'

Deviljho roared, increasingly annoying at him. Xeno'jiiva smirked. "Don't worry. We are already here." He informed.

Deviljho didn't listen, attacking once again. Xeno'jiiva dodged, jumping over Deviljho with a flap of his wings before delivering a devastating ray to the back of the beast. Hurting him but not fatally. However, it was enough to knock Deviljho over the edge of the area into a pit dug out by Xeno'jiiva much earlier.

The beast roared at this, immediately trying to escape the hole. But it was pointless. Up in the air above Deviljho, Xeno'jiiva unleashed a wave of blue flames down upon the earth. Charring the Vale and the wyvern as Deviljho screamed in pain, enraged.

'It hurts, doesn't it? But that's all it does as long as those scales exists. So this won't kill you - l'll run out of energy before it can... So let's get rid of those... and level the playing field.'

The torrent of flames ceased in an instant, confusing the monster below, as Xeno'jiiva gathered an incredible amount of bio-energy that condensed into a small, beautiful orb. That descended upon the Vale in a eerie silence and exploded.

Removing the texture from the environment and rendering Deviljho's body into a gory mess. This is Xeno'jiiva's finishing move. A game changer he calls Sapphire of the Emperor: highly condensed bio-energy shaped to dismantle stronger opponents and swiftly kill weaker ones. It is not completely mastered.

Roaring at the top of his lungs, Deviljho forcefully pulled himself up from the ground. His green scales incinerated in large portions. Green blood covering his entire form. His pain was unbearable, but he still persisted in a mindless rage regardless. Undaunted, but clearly weakened.

This battle has reached a turning point.