The Brawl

As they fought, their battle increasing in intensity, Ddraig and Dalamadur held back less and less.

No matter how much Ddraig increased his power, Dalamadur remained determined to keep up with him. Continuing the fight for far longer than anyone else could, but Albion. And for the first time in one hundred years, Ddraig felt true excitement. Despite the wounds that cover his body.

"Is that all you got!?" Dalamadur roared, a sea of red surrounding them.

"Not even close!"

The two met in a explosion of force, Dalamadur's sheer size clashing with Ddraig's boosted strength. Sending them both flying back in response. Only for them to jump right back into the fray. Clashing again and again as the shockwaves rocked the earth and sea.

At this point, they were equal in power. Their auras and physical attributes similar in magnitude to any outside observer. But in his preoccupied mind, Dalamadur failed to notice this fact; too blinded by his fervor.

Gathering air through the vents on his chest, the serpent unleashed a flaming substance similar to a gas. The attack cut through mountain tops and clouds, narrowly missing Ddraig, who appeared bigger now than before. Perhaps because of the power coursing through his body.

'Father's technique is truly divine.' Thought Xeno'jiiva from his position atop a cliff. 'By multiplying magical power and siphoning it through his body, he can enhance his physical strength exponentially. But he loses that strength when he expels it. And there's only so much his body can absorb... Intriguing.'

Despite this not being the first time he witnessed Ddraig fight, Xeno'jiiva still couldn't understand where Ddraig's power comes from. 'Multiplication... against what?' He just couldn't wrap his head around it and his father's explanation didn't help either. Which is why he's come to conclusion that Boost, and Divide, are not techniques that can be learnt. They must be experienced.

Slipping under Dalamadur's tail, Ddraig delivered a deep gash to Dalamadur's vents. Determined to cut off that way of attack. Dalamadur, grunting in pain, backed away from Ddraig's follow up and countered with another gust of gaseous fire. But Ddraig pushed through and bit into Dalamadur's chest, just above his arms.

His claws dug into scales, holding himself in place. Ddraig's emerald eyes glowed, and his aura surged. Destroying the vents became his top priority and he gathered his power to achieve it. Hoping to destroy them in one blow.

Dalamadur's spear-like tail capitalized on this focus. Piercing Ddraig's scales, just under his right forearm, and narrowly missed his lungs and heart. Ddraig's increased physical strength stopped the blade just before it could reach them. Allowing the Red Dragon to continue.

"... Longinus Smasher!!!" With a mouth full of blood, Ddraig fired the emerald ray point blank.

'Despite boosting his power, he didn't add it to his attack!' Dalamadur realized with shock.

Instead of using boost to increase his overall magical power, Ddraig directly added the multiplied energy to his physical body. He had used the Longinus Smasher as a disguise to mask this, and made Dalamadur believe that he would be vulnerable in that moment.

"Damn!"

It was this realization that finished this fight. Collapsed on the ground, Dalamadur couldn't deny that he had lost. Ddraig's ray had throughly destroyed his vent, and his body's condition was catching up to him. At this point, he wouldn't be able to win. Further battle only results in his death. Ddraig had won and that pissed him off.

"Damn Red Dragon..." he huffed. "You didn't even use your flames. How little do you think of me?"

Ddraig responded: "My flames have long since been sealed, old friend. Don't think I was holding back. This is just how I fight now. It's more fun this way."

"I see." Dalamadur chuckled. "You really are the Red Dragon of Domination. And not just because of that. It's a binding vow, right?" He only noticed it now.

Ddraig nodded. In exchange for weakening the toll on BOOST, Ddraig can only boost to the strength of his enemies. In other words, he capped his technique's potential in exchange for performance and availability. But also granted himself a way to fight opponents that would usually be above his weight class, even with his boosts. A fair trade off, Dalamadur decided.

"I'd hoped we could fight a bit more." Ddraig said. "... But Albion is on his way."

Dalamadur sensed him, too. "Just go. I had my fun. Staying here now only hurts my pride, and increases the chances of that kid getting caught in the crossfire, right?"

"It does. That's why I want you to look out for him, Dalamadur. He's strong enough now that he can protect himself, but I can't help but worry."

The serpent wanted to laugh. Ddraig really had changed. "... I lost. So I'll save him once." But only if he's fighting someone on our level, or so his tone conveyed.

"That's all I ask." Ddraig conceded.

Before he could fly away, Dalamadur spoke out: "I'm going to win next time, Ddraig. That technique of yours has inspired me. And I'm tired of losing."

'I bet.' Ddraig wanted to say. A small smile escaping his maw. "I'll be waiting, then. But by then, you'll be fighting him instead, old friend."

Without explaining, the Red Dragon left towards Calypso's island. Leaving Dalamadur to ponder on what he meant by that.

-_-

With only a few minutes to spare, Ddraig took Xeno'jiiva aside.

"Times running out. Albion will be here soon." The dragon spoke. "Go far from here, Xeno'jiiva. Travel the world and fight the strongest it has to offer. Just as you have been."

Bowing his head, he responded: "I won't let you down, father. I'll make you proud."

"You already have."

From this point forward, Xeno'jiiva's journey truly begins. The whole world, nay, the whole universe will know of him in due time. That is just who is. A being born to surpass anything that crosses his path. No matter how stronger they may be...

Not even ******* is an exception to this fate.