M O N T A U K

I walked into percy's bathroom and took a shower.
I had sand in my hair which didn't feel pleasant.

Percy was talking to his mom. Sally, she's so amazing. I remember when she helped me get over my first heartbreak and Percy gave me some blue jelly beans. I've always felt connected to the Jackson's. They've been there for me, when my dad passed due to cancer. I don't know where I'd be without them. Percy and I met on the beach during vacation once and we'd been inseparable ever since.
Sally also loved my gray eyes, she said they reminded her of the ocean. Which I still think about to this day.

After blow drying my hair, I put it into a simple braid. I walk over and see Percy lying down and sally was telling him something.

When he saw me he quickly adjusted himself and offered if i wanted leftover pancakes from this morning.

I nodded and sat down next to him.

Sally placed the plate down on the table in front of me.
"Hi there, darling. How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you!" I said with a smile

"I actually was going to look for you, I wanna give you something."

"Oh? What is it?"

Sally takes out a small baby blue box and hands it over to me
"I thought of you when I saw it after going through my old stuff. It was mine when I was around your age."

It was sliver locket with a small blue gem embedded on it.

"It's beautiful, thank you so much." I said trying to to sob at the act of kindness

I quickly got up and gave her the biggest hug.
She hugged me back.

"Percy, can you put it on me?"

"Sure, no problem."

I turn around and gave him the locket. He put it around my neck. His fingers were warm and soft. I placed my hair in front, resting on my chest. He grabbed the clasps and secured it.

"It looks beautiful on you." He said

"Thank you" I said trying not to chuckle at his compliment

I'm not used to Percy complimenting me, he's always gave older brother vibes. He always teased me and playfully insulted everything I did.

There was an awkward silence before Sally broke it by saying she needs to run some errands.

I nodded and walked over to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Percy sat back down and watched his mom drive away from the window.

"How long do you think she'll be gone?"

"Don't worry, she's not going to be gone for more than an hour."

"Wanna play Mythomagic?"

He sighed, looked back at me and nodded.

"What are your thoughts about going to go back to Camp Half-Blood?

"I'm sad summer is over but at least we're there together. Not much of a difference."

"I agree, I basically live with you. Although, how come I haven't seen you until today?"

"Well because I was trying to get my Dad to talk to me. I think he's been getting me the silent treatment."

"Is that why it was gloomy this morning?"

"I guess, I had just gotten back when I saw you at the beach."

"Yeah, I just needed to get some fresh air."

"Does the water make you feel closer to me or what?" He said teasingly while giggling

"Ahaha you're so funny" I said with a straight face

"I know I am" he reclaimed snapping his fingers

"Sometimes I question if you're even straight."

Percy looked over at me, squinted his eyes, and his jaw slightly dropped in disbelief

"I think you'd know girly." He stated as he looked at me up and down

I looked at him for a brief moment and rolled my eyes

"Alright buddy."

"Don't use that tone with me, miss ma'am"

"I know dam well you did not just say th-"

I suddenly got cut off by a loud thunder and literally shook the whole house.

Percy took his focus off of me and jumped up from his seat.

"Zeus is not having it today." I said trying to lighten the mood but percy looked really concerned

"Mom." he muttered

I came to realization that Sally was still on the road. If the thunder was as bad as it sounded then she was probably unsafe.

"We need to find her." Percy said firmly

"Right, but how?"