P E R C Y

We started playing volleyball. I tried my best to help cheer y/n up in order for her to not mourn over his dad's death. I wanted to try to make her forget the sadness in her heart. I wanted to make her happy as possible.

It was working. Y/n was starting to smile, her sadness slowly disappearing and the sun was shining in a bright day. She was having a fun time and that was what I wanted. It was nice to see that y/n was happy once more.

Her smile immediately faded after Clarisse shoved her to the ground.

"THAT POINT WAS IN."

I turned my attention to Clarisse and noticed her aggressive behavior. My anger sparked inside and I charged towards her, ready to retaliate. But Luke stepped in between and kept me back, holding my shoulder in a death grip, preventing me from reaching Clarisse. I tried to shout at Clarisse but Luke put his hand over my mouth to prevent me from doing so. I tried to get out of his grip but he was very strong. Luke looked at me sternly, and he shook his head. He took his hand off of me and I stood there, angrily.

With that, I looked over at Clarisse. She had an icy glare on her face, looking like she was ready to fight. I wasn't calming down at all. I was infuriated, i wanted to take that out by punching her back but I had to restrain myself. That would be a very bad idea. So I walked over to help y/n up but before i could I noticed that Luke just picked up y/n with no problem. I felt a small spark of anger but I tried to ignore it. It was no use to get upset at Luke helping her. And it was no use to get angry at her. So I brushed off the jealousy and I just kept trying to comfort y/n. She still needed some reassurance and support.

I head towards them, trying to join in on their conversation but Luke began to flirt with y/n and she began to giggle. Her giggling made my blood boil. I watched the two and the more she giggled and the more they flirted, the more jealous I became. I started clenching and unclenching my fist. I had to control myself. This was the worst of my jealousy.

I started to notice the way they were looking at each other and the way they were smiling. I kept trying to ignore it but it was becoming almost impossible to do so, and I was growing more and more angry and jealous. I couldn't help but keep looking at them. It was infuriating to watch. I was furious beyond belief.

I was standing behind them. At first, it didn't seem like Luke had noticed me. But as he continued to flirt with y/n he glanced over at me and his flirting came to a sudden stop. Luke kept a steady gaze at me and he seemed to know how jealous I was already. I was glaring at him with a furious look in my eyes.

Luke then placed his hand on y/n's shoulder and walked away. I watched him go away and I had suddenly realized that y/n had turned to talk to me. She was now looking at me with a small smile on her face. It was an innocent, playful smile that didn't seem to cause any harm. It made my heart skip a beat but there was still that spark of jealousy deep within me. I hoped she wouldn't ask me what was wrong.

"What was that about?" she asked

I didn't answer her but as she continued to look at me, I felt the desire to want to answer her question. I was still very angry and jealous. My mind was racing. I wanted to answer her question but I also wanted to stay silent. But I finally managed to answer.

"Nothing," I eventually said.

My voice came out as a low, harsh whisper. I was trying to keep my anger in check but it was still difficult. I could feel that I was still extremely jealous and envious, and it didn't seem to be getting any better.

Y/n continued to look at me with a gentle and playful smile on her face. She had no idea what was going on inside me, or that the envy I felt for Luke. All she knew was that she was talking to me and that I was acting strange.

"Are you feeling okay, you're doing that thing with your face when you're upset." she said

I looked away and I took a deep breath and tried to regain my composure. I tried to keep my anger from showing but she was right. I had done that thing with my face before when I was upset and angry. I guess I needed to control myself a bit better. I tried to smile back at her.

I took a quick glance at my watch and noticing that it was almost time for the Apollo cabin's sing-a-long slash campfire. I hoped my anger and jealousy wouldn't carry over to the campfire. I didn't want to get into any arguments with Luke, or anyone for that matter.

""It's 9:03, we should head over to campfire."

She nodded and walked alongside me. Her arms brushed against mine as we chatted about the most random things.

We soon arrived at the campfire and it was just starting to get dark. The air was still fresh and the firelight felt comforting. We sat down together as I was hoping no one would disturb our talk. I didn't want this moment to end.

The two of us sat in silence for a few moments as we started staring at the fire. It was calming to watch the orange flame flicker in front of our eyes. I was hoping this peaceful moment would keep going on for a while.

The Apollo cabin was starting its singalong. The Apollo campers had already gathered around the fire and I could hear them warming up their voices. I wasn't interested in the sing along but I was going to stay for y/n's sake. There was no way I was going to just not attend with her by herself.

Now the Apollo campers were starting to sing and y/n was watching with glee. I tried to watch her and I enjoyed the sight of her joy. Her smile made me smile. She looked at me with her bright gray eyes. Just watching the Apollo campers singing made this moment priceless.

It was calm and relaxing; just what i needed. As the Apollo campers went on with their singing while y/n watched with her cute smile that I would never forget. It was like a painting, the way the Apollo campers sang and the way y/n's eyes were focused on them, enjoying the singing. I just loved seeing her like this. She was so beautiful with her vibrant smile.

I looked over at my watch and it was exactly 10 pm.
After the eventful evening, the two of us took off towards her cabin. She stayed in a cabin 10, near the forest and the air tasted fresh and cool. As we got closer to her cabin, we were both starting to get tired. It was already late and we both needed some sleep.

We arrived at her cabin door. Y/n turned to say goodnight. I smiled at her and wished her good night as well.