C A M P ~ HALF BLOOD

I woke up with a throbbing headache, I realized I was on the bottom bunk bed inside my cabin. I must have passed out last night after the encounter with the Minotaur and Percy.

All my friends hurdled over me in concern and as soon as I sat up, I got asked a billion questions.

"Are you okay?"
"Is your head feeling better?"
"Do you need anything?"
"How'd you get here?"

"Woah woah woah, I'm still processing everything."

They all looked at each and then back at me, they all took a step back to give me some space and waited for my next response.

I stood up and saw Percy walking into the cabin from the corner of my eye. I have a feeling he brought me to camp last night

"How are you feeling?" he asked

"Better now, what time is it? and what the hell happened with the Minotaur last night?"

He looked around and saw the girls still standing there giggling and blushing at the sight of "ThE pErCy JaCkSoN."

He raised his eyebrow and said, "It's 4:49 pm."
He put his hand on my head gently and gave me a 'we'll talk about it later' look

I nodded and got changed into my orange 'Camp Half Blood' shirt along with some basic denim shorts.

Percy waited outside, as I walked towards the door i noticed grover talking to him.

"GROVER!!" i exclaimed

Grover shifted his body towards me and gave me a big smile. I ran up to him and he gave me a shoulder hug. I noticed he was hurt from his left ribcage was bandaged up.

"What happened?!" I asked

"So good news is, the woods you guys were in was right on Half Blood Hill. Me and percy were able to get you here safely."

"So you WERE there last night."

"Yes, I heard you yell my name and I went towards the sound."

"Was Sally with you?" I asked

"Yes, I got her inside her car, she didn't want to leave you and Percy alone at first but i assured her that I would protect you guys."

"Did you do anything to the Minotaur? What happened to his leg?"

"Erm, no. I found you in percy's arms and he was headed towards Camp."

then what the hell happened? how did percy managed to escape?

"I don't know even what happen, i'm just as confused as you are." Percy stated, interrupting my thoughts

I wanted to find out exactly what went down last night, but I knew it would consume me if i thought about it more.

Percy glanced at Grover and gestured for him to give us some alone time

"I want to show you something."

I tilted my head in confusion.

We walked over to Long Island Sound and as soon as we got there he turn his body facing mine. His green eyes looked into mine. He sat me down and walked over to the water. The sand was the fresh and chilly, Percy started manipulating the water.

"I know you can do that seaweed brain."

Percy smirked as he formed the water into a dove. He placed a small piece of paper into the beak of the dove.

As the dove gets closer to me, I sat up straight and reached my hand out to grab it.

The water dissolved as soon as I touched the paper.

"What's this?" I asked

"Find out."

I open the paper and it's a photograph of me and Percy. It was us last year and we were sitting on a bench next to the beach in Montauk. He was sticking out the peace sign with one of his hands and the another around my shoulder.

"It's for inside the locket." He said

"Thank you, I totally forgot about this day."

"Really? It wasn't too long ago."

"A lot has been going through my mind."

"Oh, well you know you can talk to me about anything. I don't judge."

"I've just been missing my dad."

Percy walked towards me and sat down next to me.

"I know how you feel."

I glanced over at him and gave a quick smile. He wasn't looking at me though. He was staring at the water. He let out a soft sigh, checked his watch and came back to focus.

I rest the palm of my hand on my chin and look at the water glistening. I place my other hand on the locket, just fidgeting with it. As I took a look around i realized how much I missed camp, it was my second home other than with the Jackson's. I spent my summers with them and spend the rest here. Might sound boring but I enjoy it.

My mother, Aphrodite; had claimed me my second year here. A dove appeared over my head and I had stylish clothes for more than a month. I obviously didn't know her a whole lot. My dad used to tell me stories about her and I thought he was making them up as a kid. I knew as soon as a I got to Camp Half Blood, I was home.

Unfortunately, my dad got extremely sick. He was in the hospital for about 6 months before he passed.

I knew he would've wanted me to move forward and not dwell on his death. I just couldn't help but miss him. He would always braid my hair and tied it with a light pink ribbon. The very same ribbon in my hair. I kept thinking about what my dad said to me the last time he saw me.

"You're more special than you think."

It could've been a simple compliment or not. Maybe it was a little deeper than that.
Not only was I was trying to figure out what happened to the Minotaur, but that vision.

I had never gotten a vision before. Let alone one that could tell show me what I was most worried about.

I was suddenly cut off from my thoughts when I realized that Percy had put his head on my shoulder.

He sighed again but more dramatically as if he was trying to tell me something.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing..
After a long pause he blurted out
"Guess what"

"What?"

"I know what could cheer both of us up."

"and what's that?" I asked

"Volleyball."