F U R Y

I was walking out of my cabin and walking over to where Percy was waiting for me.  We were both heading to the field where the capture the flag game was going to be played on.

"Hey! You look nice." Percy said

"Thank you, could say the same about you but.."

"Okay buddy."

We laugh and he puts his arm around me

We see everyone hurled up in a circle in the distance and we start walking towards them. But then, both of us suddenly heard a sound coming from the woods behind us.  I got a bad feeling when I heard it and it was like my hairs stood on end. Something was wrong and I could feel it in my gut, but I didn't know what.

"What was that?" I said

"It's probably nothing, let's go."

I then turned to Percy and nodded my head, and we both continued walking towards the field.  I said

"You're probably right, it's probably nothing."

However, as we kept on walking, I could feel something just wasn't right.  It was an ominous sound and it made me feel really uneasy.

All of a sudden, everyone around us started to scream in excitement and it was clear that the game was about to begin.  The crowd was cheering and the energy was building up and up.  I was starting to become distracted and forgetting about the ominous sound coming from the woods.  But the feeling that something was wrong still sat heavy in my stomach and I couldn't shake it off completely.

Percy notices my worried expression and reassures me

"Hey, it's okay. Just focus on the game, it will be fine."

He grabs my face and kisses my forehead and smiles. His touch and kiss on my forehead was comforting and I nodded my head in acknowledgment.  Perhaps he was right, maybe everything was fine and I was just overthinking things.

Mr. D began to go over the rules of the game and we both listened intently.  The rule was pretty simple, it was a simple capture the flag game and the team that won would get a ribbon.  However, we were also going to face against a team from a different cabin, it was a friendly rivalry between cabins and it was an important game for both of us.

"FOR TONIGHT'S GAME OF CAPTURE THE FLAG, THE BLUE TEAM, LED BY ANNABETH FROM CABIN SIX, HAS ALLIED WITH CABINS SEVEN, TEN, AND THREE. THE RED TEAM, LED BY CLARISSE FROM CABIN FIVE, IS JOINED BY CABINS FOUR, NINE, AND TWELVE. CABIN FIVE, ARES, IS THE CURRENT CHAMPION. HUZZAH. YOU ALL KNOW THE RULES: THE CREEK IS THE BOUNDARY LINE, AND THE ENTIRE FOREST IS FAIR GAME. MAGIC ITEMS ARE PERMITTED. KILLING AND MAIMING--MUCH TO MY REGRET--ARE NOT."

"Arm yourselves!!" Mr.D said

He raised his hands and the equipment tables were suddenly be covered with weapons and armor.  The camp was always prepared for any kind of battle that might happen and the equipment was there for us to choose from.  We had a variety of options such as swords, spears, axes, shields, armor, and more.

Me and Percy's helmet had blue horsehair plume on top. Ares and their allies had red plumes.

Annabeth yelled, "Blue team, forward!"

We cheered and shook our swords and followed her down the path to the south woods. The red team yelled taunts at us as they headed off towards the north. Percy and I were on border patrol.

It was a warm, sunny morning. The woods were quiet, with fireflies popping in and out of view, Annabeth stationed us next to a little creek and gurgled over some rocks, and then she and the rest of the team scattered into the trees.

Far away the conch horn blew, I heard whoops and yells in the woods, the clanking metal, kids fighting. A blue plumed ally from Apollo raced past me like a deer, leaped through the creek, and disappeared into enemy territory.

Then I heard a sound that sent a chill up my spine, a low canine growl, somewhere close by.
I raised my shield. Instinctively I had the feeling something was stalking me. Then the growling stopped. I felt the presence retreating.

"What is that?" Percy asked

I shrugged my shoulders

On the other side of the creek, the unbrushed explosion, five Aries warriors came yelling and screaming out of the dark cream. The punk Clarice screen, her ugly pig eyes glare through the slits of her helmet she brandished a 5 foot long sphere and barbed metal flicking with red light.

"Enough Clarisse. Grow up." Percy said

"Luke's gone because of you. You did this." Clarisse said

"Luke betrayed the camp out of his own will."

Clarisse growled and screamed

"Cream the punks!"

I managed to stepside the first kids swing, but these guys weren't as stupid as the dummy's during training. They surrounded me and Percy. Clarisse charged at me and tried to hit me with her spear.
Percy put his sword up and deflected it.  She pushed me with her bottom of her spar and I felt a painful tingling all over my body. My hair stood on the end shield arm went numb and the air burned electricity. Her stupid spear was electric. I fell back another Aries guy slam me in the chest with the bottom of his sword and I hit the dirt. They could've kicked me into jelly, but they were too busy laughing.

Percy got furious and starting fighting all of them at once. He swung the flat of his sword against the first guy's head and knocked his helmet clean off he hit him so hard I could see his eyes vibrating as he crumpled into the water. Two other kids came at Percy. He slammed one in the face with his shield, and used his sword to share off the other guy's horse hair plume. Both of them backed up quick. One kid didn't look really anxious to attack but Clarisse kept coming the point of her spear crackling with energy. As soon as she thrust, Percy caught the shaft between the edge of his shield and his sword and snapped it like a twig. 

"NOO! YOU IDIOT."

She probably could've said worse, but Percy smacked her between the eyes with his sword-butt and sent her stumbling backward out of the creek. Then I heard yelling. elated screams, and I saw Annabeth racing towards the boundary line with the red team's banner, lifted high.

The Ares folks got up, and Clarisse muttered a dazed curse a trick. She shouted

"A trick! It was a trick."

They staggered after Annabeth, but it was too late. Everyone converged on the creek as Annabeth ran across to friendly territory. Our side exploded into cheers, the red banner, shimmered, and turn silver. The bore and spear were replaced with the huge caduceus, the symbol of cabin 11, everyone on the blue team picked up Annabeth and started carrying her around on their shoulders, Chiron cantered out from the woods and blew the conch horn. The game was over, we'd won.