4

Maisie's Outfit

PEYTON AND I WERE NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER

PEYTON AND I WERE NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER. It was about the night before with Lucas, but I didn't care. I had feelings for Lucas first and she never even paid attention to him, nobody did really. He was always just Nathan's little brother that Dan Scott didn't claim. Nathan was really shitty to Lucas and treated him like shit constantly, which always broke my heart. I always said something to Nathan about it. But, Peyton couldn't care less about it, she always let it happen.

"You're still not talking to Luke?" Karen asked me.

"No. I'm not." I shook my head, drinking my green tea.

"I'm sorry, Maisie. I'm sure you two will make up. Whatever it was, he was pretty upset when he came home last night." She told me and I frowned a small one.

"Karen, I like Lucas, I really do. But, he's been flirting with my sister and she has a boyfriend, and then doing that will only cause them trouble with Nathan." I explained to Karen.

"Oh gosh. Does he know? Any part of this?" Karen asked, sitting down.

"He knows about Peyton and Nathan. The whole school does, he just doesn't know how I feel about him." I told her.

"Maybe you should tell him, Maisie." Karen smiled, taking my hand.

Maybe I should, but, I didn't want to mess up our friendship, and plus he was too busy messing around with my sister, so I'm pretty sure that prevented me from telling him anything.

"I should get to school, Karen. I'll come by later." I smiled, before leaving the cafe and walked to school.

When I walked inside the school, I walked straight to my locker. When I opened it a paper slipped out, I took a quick look around before picking up the paper. The words written on it were 'I'm sorry.' I sighed, pushing the paper into my pocket and walked into my Geometry class, sitting down at my desk which was next to Lucas'.

"Hey." Lucas said, as he sat down at his desk.

"Hey, Luke." I gave him a soft smile.

"So, we are talking?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, you're sorry and so am I." I sighed, smiling afterwards.

"Great." Lucas smiled as the teacher tapped the desk.

Ms. Gia looked at us and we looked at each other with a knowingly smile, before paying attention to the worksheet that was placed in front of us.

AFTERSCHOOL

Lucas and I walked to the cafe together and sat at the counter. We worked on homework for a while until Keith came in.

"Hey, you two!" Keith exclaimed and patted us both on the back.

"Hey, Keith." Lucas and I said in unison.

"No court today, Luke?" Keith asked him.

"No. This is my way of making peace with Maisie, unless you want her to give me that deadly side eye in the halls at school." Lucas joked, which Keith and Karen laughed at.

"Alright, kiddos. I'm gonna talk with your mom, Luke." Keith said before going into the back of the Cafe with Karen.

"So, you really care if I'm mad at you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Maisie. I care because you're a great friend and when you're mad at me, it scares me more than your side eyes." Lucas told me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"We should talk soon, Luke. Like it's serious." I sighed, looking at him.

"Can you tell me, now please?" Lucas asked, staring into my eyes.

"I like you, Lucas Scott. I've known you for ages and as we got older, my feelings grew more and more. The other reason why I was upset about you and Peyton is because she knows how I feel about you. It felt like she was being selfish." I explained to him, but then I noticed he was smirking from ear to ear.

"What are you smirking about?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You have a crush on me. Maisie Sawyer has a crush on me." Lucas smirked and I rolled my eyes.

I have a crush on Lucas Scott, and I told him. What the hell is going to happen now?