5

Maisie's Outfit 

LAST NIGHT WAS THE MOST AWKWARD NIGHT OF MY LIFE. I told Lucas Scott that I have a crush on him, something I never thought I'd do, ever. But I did, and I'm glad I did. But he got me up to speed with the fact that he and Brooke had been talking, I didn't even know Brooke was into Lucas. Brooke is the type of popular girl that every guy wants to have sex with. She's rich, hot and a cheerleader. This morning, Lucas said he'd walk with me to school, since Peyton and I still weren't talking to each other, it meant she didn't drive me either.

"So, this is your room?" Lucas asked, looking at my light green wall. 

"Yeah, much more different than Peytons." I told him, putting some more sharpened pencils into my backpack.

"So, you still didn't tell me what Whitey said about you being on the team." Lucas told me.

"He basically said, "Some things are better in dreams."" I informed Lucas, with a scoff tossing my bag over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Maisie. You're real good at basketball, too. I just wish people would let you finally shine, you know?" Lucas sighed, taking my hand as we walked out the door.

"Yeah, me too." I sighed.

We walked to school, hand in hand. We didn't talk about my feelings for him after the fact that he teased me about it a little. I loved that he didn't make it awkward when I was around him, at all.

"So, I'll see you at lunch?" Lucas asked me with a smile.

"Yeah, of course." I nodded, smiling.

"Bye, Mais." Lucas said, kissing my head before walking over to Brooke. 

I walked into Biology and sat in my seat, which was next to Jake. Jake and I are close, especially when it comes to Jenny. He gave me a side hug before I took out my notebook.

"How's my favorite person?" Jake asked, rubbing my head.

"Quit that, and I'm alright." I smiled, pushing his hand off my head.

"Good. Jenny misses you, I can tell." Jake told me.

"I miss her, too. I was actually going to surprise her today and swing by, if that's alright?" I asked him.

"You're always welcome to swing by, Sawyers." Jake smiled.

- -

"I want to tell you something but I don't want you to be mad. Or jugde me." Haley told me as I sipped my green tea.

"It's impossible to be mad at you. What'd you do?" I asked her, putting down my cup.

Haley stood up and turned around, I was a bit confused until she lifted her shirt up a little and that's when I saw it. Haley got a '23' tramp stamp tattoo on her body, I gasped, covering my mouth. We all knew who wore the number 23. Nathan Scott. My sister and he had broke up 3 weeks ago and honestly, I was glad for her even thought they weren't talking but damn does Nathan move on fast as hell.

"Haley James.." I stood up from my bed and put my hands on my hips.

"I know! I don't know what I was thinking." Haley sighed, putting her hand on her head.

"You like him! You like Nathan!" I gasped, maybe shouted a bit too loud.

"Shh!" Haley covered my mouth.

"Relax, Peyton isn't home and besides, I don't think she'd care, she's into Lucas." I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of, did you ever tell him?" Haley asked, sitting back onto the bed.

"Yeah, and lately he's been more attentive to me, but Brooke. He's been talking with Brooke and I know how she is." I told Haley.

"Well, I no offense to your friend, but I don't think Lucas likes girls like... that." Haley said, with an awkward tone.

"Girls like Brooke? Yeah, I can't see him dating those types of girls but you never know." I shrugged. 

For the rest of the night, Haley and I did some studying for our Biology quiz we'd have the next day. I was glad that I had at least one good friend and I was glad it's Haley. When she left, I went to clean up my bed and above it, I found myself staring at the picture of Lucas and I in grade school. I smiled and laid down, getting under my covers. I really hope Brooke and Lucas didn't get into anything serious, I wanted a chance with him and to play basketball for Tree Hill High. That's all I want in life right now.