6

Maisie's Outfit

Maisie's Outfit

I laughed so hard I also peed myself

I laughed so hard I also peed myself. Lucas and I were in my room laughing about Mouth's attempt to dunk on at the basketball court today.

"I don't know why he even tried!" I bursted out into laughter once again, wiping a tear.

"Are you seriously dying from laughter off of Moith failing to dunk?" Lucas chuckled.

"Uh, yes!" I exclaimed, sitting up from my bed.

"You're silly. But, I enjoy your smile." Lucas smiled.

"I-" I said, side eyeing him.

"What?" Lucas looked at me.

"You can't say things like that, you caught me off guard and plus. Aren't you with Brooke or something?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry, I meant to tell you, Mais. I really did." Lucas apologized and Maisie looked at him, sighing.

"It's okay." Maisie smiled.

"You're not mad?" Lucas questioned her and she faced him.

"No, I promise I'm not." Maisie promised him, grabbing his hand.

I knew there was something going on between he and Brooke, and she just wouldn't shut up about it to Peyton during cheer practice, which of course made Peyton look my way during practice. After a while of chatting with Lucas he left and I went to the kitchen to make myself dinner.

When I finished dinner, I sat on the couch to eat and just then Peyton walked in and walked straight into the kitchen. We still weren't talking to each other, but it didn't really matter to me. She didn't even to bother putting my diaries back after she was done reading them. I finished eating my dinner and put my dishes in the sink as it was her night to do them. I was about to walk to my room but was stopped.

"Maisie, wait." Peyton called out and I stopped.

"Hm?" I turned around.

"I'm sorry. I really am." She apologized and I looked at her, which she was frowning. I sighed and walked over to her, hugging her.

"It's okay, Pey." I assured her before going into my room.

I knew how she felt didn't feel right to me, but it felt right to her. So, I guess right now thats all that mattered.

--

Maisie's Outfit

"Maisie, how you enjoying 'To Kill a Mockingbird'?" Ms

"Maisie, how you enjoying 'To Kill a Mockingbird'?" Ms. Robins asked, and I lifted my head up from the desk.

"It's alright, not my type of book though." I told her, picking up my pen.

"So, is that why your head is down in the middle of my class while we're reading? Am I boring you, Ms. Sawyers?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yes, it is why and no, you're not boring me." I answered and she walked up to my desk as the bell rang and everyone packed up and left.

"Now, I don't know what's gotten into you Maisie, but whatever it is, please do not inflict it onto your schoolwork and school life." She told me and I just packed up my stuff and left to my locker.

Whilst walking to my locker Lucas and Brooke walked down the hall holding hands, Brooke skipping down the halls with a bright, wide smile. I wanted to puke everywhere, I wanted that to be me. Brooke had only been interested in Lucas now that he was on the basketball team, she didn't know him how me and Haley know him. It surprised me that Lucas even got with someone like Brooke, and don't get me wrong, Brooke is an amazing person. But, she's so different from Lucas, they are quite literally polar opposites. You'd never think that in a million years, Brooke Davis would be dating Nathan Scott's half-brother.

"Hey, Mais." Lucas greeted me, standing by my locker, locking hands with Brooke.

"Hi." I said plainly, organizing my books inside of my locker.

"You wanna come to the Cafe with me and Brooke?" Lucas asked, with a polite smile.

"No thanks." I politely declined, putting some extra pens inside of my locker.

"Noo, you should come!" Brooke exclaimed.

"I said no! I-I'm busy." I firmly said, slamming my locker shut and walking away.

I've never done that before, it was mostly anger coming out of me. Maybe I was being a bitch, maybe I wasn't. All I knew is that Brooke had who I longed for, and to me it was unfair. They had just met each other, and I had wanted Luke for years. Now, suddenly, he's with Brooke and Peyton's crushing on him, too.