Chapter 1: A New Start

At first, I never thought the subject of transmigration to be real.

Heck- I was not even convinced it existed at all!

But that belief soon turned an exact 180 degree on me, and to say that I'm disappointed by myself with such drastic turns of event... is quite the opposite.

Let me tell you what happened to me so far. Buckle up your seats, because we're about to go on a life rollercoaster with me as your annoying narrator for the day.

###

It all started when I met my tragic fate by fire. I have been a victim of a house-burn accident in my apartment block on 12 o' clock, exactly when my birthday came about to be celebrated by nobody but myself. I was just chilling about the balcony, drinking my favourite hazelnut latte peacefully when someone's scream of panic rang through my ears.

It had been in an instant. Everyone was safely evacuated out of the block, and in a matter of time before those people noticed one person was missing out of 47 residents living inside that said apartment building.

I remembered their desperate pleas to make me leave my house when they noticed I was just at my balcony, still enjoying my solitary at its finest. I heard them well, obviously. But it was by my own choice to deafen my own ears as I simply focus on the sound of the crackling fire fast approaching.

It was like music to my ears. Depsite being aware of the danger and obvious pain it brings upon a living person, I simply couldn't bring myself to care for the misery I was about to face. Fire fascinates me, fire will always fascinates me to no ends. If it hadn't been for my uncles, I would've lost a hand to a campfire when we were camping a few years back.

As I was burnt into crisp by the engulfing flames around me, I could not forget the expression of terror and horror of those who watched my death took place during the night. Some couldn't bear to witness, some couldn't fathom the weight of the situation, and instead watched in absolute shock.

What I'm absolutely certain about that night, however, is that nobody was there to celebrate my death- or birthday, whatever. I was content when I was eaten alive by the flames, and I'm sure I also held a satisfied smile as I was burnt to death on the spot. I didn't take a single look towards the 46 survivors downstairs, I didn't listen to any of their horrified screams when they saw the result of my ignorance, all I did before I let out my final breath was to look upwards, enjoy the scenery of the nature, and accept my fate to its fullest.

The midnight sky had never presented itself so beautifully in my eyes throughout my whole entire life before this.

When I opened my eyes shortly after my breath was taken away by the sweet, sweet death, all I could see was a never-ending darkness. It took me a moment to realize I have lost my sense of time in that supposed void, but I was not complaining about it in the slightest.

It's just me and me alone, and that's all I could've asked as a reward for being patient on living around nosey people all the time.

I have always enjoyed solitary, and I have always enjoyed darkness despite using to fear for what's there accompanying me without my knowledge. Obviously, I know there would always be someone on my side, someone I never knew the identity of, and someone who was just there because they could. But instead of being anxious towards its existence, instead of worrying over the possibilities of being hurt by that said someone, I just simply accept the circumstances it can possibly brings to me.

Self pitying will only get you nowhere after all.

But here in this void... there was no someone, there was no existence but myself. I was completely alone, I was completely content with the loneliness I experienced. To others, heaven may be up on the sky, bright and blinding with pure colour of white. To me, however, this void is what I consider heaven. It gave me a moment of peace for myself.