Chapter 3: Undertale #50

The tea party had ended a couple of hours ago. I have sent Princess Chara back to her respective universe, and I'm glad she didn't trip me before I left the throne room this time around to embarrass myself in front of others beyond my own comprehension.

She's just a menace like that.

Instead of returning to the Anti-Void, however, I returned to Omega Timeline to drink some more tea and cool off for a bit. While thinking, I take a sip of my tea, specifically Earl Grey tea. The royal family from Victoriantale had gifted me with a pretty much unlimited supply of Earl Grey when Chara overheard my liking towards this exact tea alone.

Yep, she's just a menace like that, a lovable one.

" You seem to really enjoy that tea. "

I don't need to open my eyesockets to acknowledge who's talking, since their voice and speech pattern is easily recognizable and- well, there's only two of us at the table by now. Everyone had gone home once the party ended.

"W̷̱̿̾ë̶͉̫̽l̷͍̈́l̴͚̃͒.̷̲̹́.̵̠͈͂̔.̴̳̘̉̃" I started, slightly softening my voice and reminding myself that I'm speaking to a child. A Multiversal Omnipresent child, but still a child nonetheless. "I̸ ̵c̶a̷n̵'̴t̵ ̷r̶e̴a̶l̷l̴y̷ ̵t̸h̷r̵o̵w̷ ̶a̴w̶a̴y̴ ̸a̷ ̷h̴e̷a̶r̷t̸f̸e̵l̸t̶ ̵g̷i̸f̵t̷,̶ ̴c̸a̶n̴ ̶I̶?̸"

CORE!Frisk simply chuckled, sipping on their own cup of tea. " How is Charis doing in these past few times ? "

"T̵h̵e̵y̷ a̵r̴e̵ d̶o̶i̷n̵g̷ f̴i̸n̵e̵." I replied wholeheartedly, taking note on how the monochromatic variation of Frisk is considering the subject of Time inside and outside of the Anti-Void. "T̸h̴e̵y̸ ̴s̷a̸i̶d̴ ̷h̸i̷,̷ ̴b̷y̴ ̸t̸h̶e̷ ̶w̷a̶y̶.̵ ̷E̴v̷e̴r̷y̵o̵n̵e̵ ̵d̸i̵d̷.̸"

I'm not meet with an answer for a while. It feels strange because normally, that omniscient child would reply with (what I want to believe) a sassy remark (to lift the tension) whenever I told them about the SOULs back at home. Finally opening my eyesockets, I am met with a soft stare from a pair of void-like sockets.

" You are a good person, Error. "

... Mono, always with their daily reminder about my fateful existence.

###

I was 300 years old, and I grew completely immune towards the emotional weight of destroying while I'm on duty. I still hadn't met Ink during the time, and I was not eager to meet him anytime soon- although I knew that the time was fast approaching.

The Anti-Void was taking a great toll on me, and sometimes I would find myself crashing without a known cause from time to time. My family, who still consists of 57 SOULs in total as I have already stopped being pitiful towards humans during my destructive shift resulting for none of them pitying me to give their SOULs away, have somehow stopped responding.

But that's okay, as long as they're with me, as long as they're within my Anti-Void, they are safe. I continue to talk to them whenever I'm free, I will imagine them honk- yes honk- a reply to my silly antics, and I will hug them tight when I go to sleep. I feel safe, I feel comforted by their presence. They're my family.

However, my condition became far worse as time passed. Error's haphephobia couldn't be pressed by me anymore, which was actually a help to stop me from giving physical affection towards humans and monsters that I had to destroy, therefore making my job way more easier.

I was 500 by then, and that was a point in my life where everything went south- slightly. I started to enjoy destroying, I started to enjoy mass genocide produced by my own hands, and I was not even sure what kind of ghost took control of me when I was in that state.