Three. Something's not Quite Right

Warning- Contains mature content.

The room was quiet... And cold. Judith's first reaction was to clutch her arm as a wave of fresh goosebumps pricked her skin.

The curtains were drawn closed, allowing little light into the room; nothing appeared out of place to how she had left it previously.

"What was it, Flops?" Judith asked the inanimate rabbit on the side table. She pulled the penguin blanket tighter around herself.

She checked behind the curtains and was relieved to find the windows firmly shut. There was no where to hide in that room.

Judith was not sure if it brought comfort or not knowing that the noise was not from a human.

Upon further examination, Judith could not find a single item out of place. Nothing except for the wine bottle now in the bin.

"That's not my bin," Judith inspected the grey woven basket in-between the door and side table.

There was a plastic bag inside and the bottle that she had left on the side next to Flops and the glass- Where is my glass? Judith thought nervously as she scanned the room.

She bent down and checked under the bed, "Please don't be broken." Nothing.

Judith frantically searched the floor and around by the boxes. Nothing.

"Where the bloody hell," her whisper contained a slight hiss.

She forgot about the wicker bin for the time being and cursed herself for being so scared over nothing.

Her heart still pounded with anxious nerves as she left the room; closing the door, she fell against it and breathed heavily in relief.

Judith stomped back down the stairs still wrapped in the blanket and threw herself back onto the sofa.

Well that was underwhelming if not a relief, she thought with disappointment. Not that she wanted anyone to be in her bedroom but to find nothing at all... Boring.

She did however, curse herself for not thinking to bring the iPad down with her. It would have been a good opportunity to start looking for a TV.

Her mind wanted to relax then but another sound grasped her attention. Judith jumped to her feet as the clinking sound of glass echoed through her ears.

"What now?" She grimaced and cautiously made for the kitchen, towards the sound. She really was not in the mood to find whatever it was waiting for her.

The kitchen was empty, not a single sign of anyone having been there recently. Even the coffee ring she was sure she left behind had been wiped clean.

A soft tap brought her focus to the sink, what lay inside shocked her. Gently rolling back and forth was her 25th birthday wine glass, the object she knew she definitely left by the bed.

"How did you get there?" She forced herself to ask. There was no logical reason as to why her glass should be rolling about in the sink.

Judith reached for the glass but halted at the sound of metal beginning to twist. The handle to the hot tap began turning on its own accord.

Water began spitting out of the nozzle before flowing into a steady stream into the sink.

Judith gasped loudly and without further hesitation, she turned off the tap, picked up the glass and placed it roughly on the side before running back to the living room and pulling the blanket even tighter around herself.

What's going on, what's going on? She repeated to herself over and over again.

A full ten minutes went by before her heart stopped racing. She cautiously approached the kitchen and glared at the sink area.