1

Omg! Omg! Omg! This morning was not a good start to my first day back to school after the long summer had ended. 17 year old me was not ready to go back. Not ready at all! Going back ment facing my true love, Kristan Brooke, who had completely shattered my heart last year.

What happened last year you may ask. Well, just the most humiliating thing ever! My best friend, Katie Meryl, had just finished convincing me into confessing my feelings to his face. I got all hyped up thinking I might have a chance just to get rejected and laughed at. At the time I was ok with it since this had all happened on the last day of school before summer. But now I had to go back and face him again.

I know what you're thinking, why would I still call him my true love after he laughed and humiliated me?  This would be because I still like him, a lot. My brain just can't seem to get over him. Something about the way he talks or maybe the way his eyes scrunch up when he smiles and his dimples show. It could even be the way his fluffy brown hair falls into his eyes when he laughs to hard or the way his cologne smells on a hot day. Maybe it was all of that and more. And this is the reason I can't get over him.

I don't know why I still think I have a chance. There's just a little peice of me that's holding on to hope. That little piece that also thinks he might've changed his mind over the summer. Not thinks, hopes. Hopes with all of its might that maybe he wants to be mine. But I'd never know if I didn't get myself out my door and into the car.

I hopped into my black jeep and turned the key in the ignition. It made a puff noise and didn't start. No, no, no! It had to start it just had to. I tried again, but nothing. I tried a third time, crossing my fingers, when I heard the engine vroom. Thank God! I thought, wiping my panic away. I headed out the driveway of my parents house when my phone rang. I quickly pulled back in and looked down into the balled up jacket that my phone was sitting on.

The caller ID read Katie with a smile emoji afterwards. I quickly answered so that it didn't go to voicemail.

"Need something Katie?" I asked, pulling out of the driveway once again. I had one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my phone, pressing it to my ear.

"I think I'm in the middle of a crisis!" She exclaimed. I could hear crashes from the other end.

"What is going on?" I questioned. By now I was at the end of the street about to take a right from the stop sign.

"I can't find it, I can't!" She was shouting by this point.

"Katie calm down, what can't you find?"

"My keys!" She exclaimed. I could here more rummaging sounds come from the other line.

"Do you need me to pick you up?" I said pulling over. Where I was I'd have to turn around, and I didn't want to waste anymore time by driving further if I had to go back.

"Could you?" She asked.

"Ya, I'll be there in two minutes," I said, tapping the red x to end the call. I turned around in a random house's drive-way and sped off in the other direction.

Katie was waiting outside when I pulled up to the side of her house.

"Sorry Sash," She said, quickly buckling before I sped off again.

"It's fine," I reassured her. We still had ten minutes before actually being late for school. Katie pulled out her mascara and pulled down the passenger side mirror. She started applying the mascara carefully before applying the setting spray.

Due to my speedy driving, we weren't late. In fact we had a little extra time. I pulled open my locker and stuffed some of my emergency supplies into it. That included an emergency makeup kit, a few extra pencils, and some tampons. You never know what might happen at school.

I was about to step into class when the warning bell rang, marking a minute until class actually started. As soon as I stepped in, I got dirty looks from some of Kristan's friends. Obviously he had spread the news. I can't really be mad because I had too. I heard little remarks here and there calling me an idiot.

"Sasha, you're the one who wants to shove a tongue into Kristan's mouth," one of them said snottily. I shot him a snotty look back.

"What a little whore," another one said.

"Shut the fuck up!" I exclaimed. It had come out louder than I expected it to. It didn't make things better that the whole room had gotten silent when I said it too. Students were pointing at something behind me so I quickly turned. There was my new history teacher looking like he'd just seen a ghost. So much for good first impressions, I thought.