The Meadow - ch 5

Disheartened, Hailey wandered through the field, coming across a group of girls, most who were younger than her, playing a game of tag. As she watched them, she couldn't help but feel a spark of excitement in her chest. She'd never been one for organized sports, but there's something about the camaraderie and competitive spirit that drew her in.

Hailey decided to join the game, quickly proving herself to be an agile and strategic player. Her teammates looked up to her as a natural leader, cheering her on as she dodged and weaved through the other players. It was exhilarating, and for a moment, she forgot about her political aspirations. Had Hailey found a new passion?

As the game came to an end, she was exhausted but elated. The other girls surrounded her, panting and laughing, their faces flushed from the exercise. Hailey realized that she may have found her niche - not in politics or the floral business, but in sports. She could be a professional athlete, dedicating herself to training and competing at the highest level.

She imagined herself as a member of the Olympics team, representing her country with pride and honor. She could also become a coach or a trainer, helping others achieve their athletic dreams. The thought of inspiring others, of being part of a team, and of dedicating her life to something she truly loved felt right, possibly even better than trying to be a leader in charge of everything, but was this it?

Hailey pondered other options. She briefly considered being a scientist, exploring the unknown and pushing the boundaries of human knowledge. However, she soon wondered if maybe a more active lifestyle and being outdoors was more closely aligned with her desires. She also thought about being an artist, expressing herself through paintings or sculptures, but found that she enjoyed working with people too much to be confined to a studio, working on projects alone.

She discussed her decision with several young ladies in the meadow and one of them suggested she become a teacher.

Hailey considered the idea of becoming a teacher, knowing she has always had a passion for learning and sharing knowledge, and she thought about how she could make a real difference in the lives of young people. She envisioned herself standing in front of a classroom, engaging her students in lively discussions and helping them overcome challenges.

Hailey decided to give teaching a try, and she began by volunteering at a local school. She quickly realized that teaching was not just about imparting knowledge but also about inspiring and empowering students. She found herself drawn to working with young girls, mentoring them and encouraging them to pursue their dreams.

One of the girls she mentored, revealed that she wants to be a nurse when she grows up, which sparked an interest in Hailey. She decided to research the profession and found that there are various specialties within nursing, such as pediatric, psychiatric, and emergency room nursing which sparked a curiosity within her. She also learned about the importance of continuing education in the field, as new advancements in medicine are constantly being made.

Hailey decided to try out nursing and instantly found herself in the delivery room of a busy hospital assisting with a difficult  birth.

The experience was both exhilarating and terrifying, but she rose to the challenge, working alongside experienced nurses and doctors. She quickly learned the importance of teamwork, quick thinking, and compassion in her new role. She became particularly adept at handling high-stress situations, remaining calm under pressure, and providing comfort to those in need.

Back in the meadow again, Hailey decided she has found the life she wanted to live. Moments later she heard Lily's voice.

"So, you are ready to return to human life and live it out?"