1.21

The trio were holding on to the console tightly as they were following an object speeding through the time vortex. Winnie continued to look at the screen where they viewed the object on radar, blinking mauve.

"What's the emergency?", Rose called out.

"It's mauve", the Doctor shouted.

"Next time, I vote we follow a red alert. I want to go dancing", Winnie told him.

"What?", Rose furrowed her brows.

"Mauve's for danger. Red's for camp. There have been so many misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing", he seemed to reminisce, then he shrugged at Winnie, "You're right, after this we'll follow a red alert. For now I've hacked in, slaved the Tardis. Where it goes, we go."

"And that's safe, is it?", Rose asked.

"Totally" - Doctor.

"Not at all" - Winnie.

They looked at each other like the other was wrong, then there was a bang and the Doctor pouted, "Okay, reasonably. Should have said reasonably there. No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us."

Winnie watched the mauve dot appear and reappear as the Doctor kept following it, "But what is it?"

"No idea", he grinned at her.

"Then why are we chasing it?", Rose asked.

"It's mauve and dangerous", Winnie replied.

"And about thirty seconds from the centre of London", the Doctor added.

They soon landed in the centre of London, in an alleyway between two houses, sitting closely next to one another.

"This cannot be modern day London", Winnie noted.

"Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?", the Doctor asked the Tylers.

"Five days?", Rose suggested, "Or is that just when we're out of milk?"

"Of all the species in all the Universe and it has to come out of a cow", the trio laughed at the Doctor's comment and started to wander around, "Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month."

"A month?", Rose frowned, "We were right behind it."

"It was jumping time tracks all over the place. We're bound to be a little bit out. Do you want to drive?"

"Yeah", Rose retorted, then she asked, "How much is a little?"

"A bit."

"Is that exactly a bit?"

"Ish."

"Guys", Winnie scolded them, rolling her eyes.

Rose rolled her eyes too at the interruption and then continued her questioning, "What's the plan, then? Are you going to do a scan for alien tech or something?"

"Rose, it hit the middle of London with a very loud bang. I'm going to ask", he showed the sisters his psychic paper.

"Attractive, intelligent and has proven himself a hero", Winnie raised her brows at what she read, "Really, Doctor?"

His eyes widened and he pulled it back to look at it himself, seeing exactly what Rose now said, "No, it says, Doctor John Smith, Ministry of Asteroids."

"That's not a thing", Winnie said, "And neither is what it showed to me."

"You're lying, aren't you?", he wasn't sure, "It's psychic paper, it tells you-"