1.22

I always appreciate you guys interacting!

---

Nancy turned around from hiding the food she'd taken from the family they'd eaten at to see the Doctor and Winnie behind her, smiling. She gasped in surprise, "How'd you follow me here?"

They were by some railway outside a little shack so it shouldn't have been easy but the Doctor just tapped his nose, "I'm good at following, me. Got the nose for it."

"People can't usually follow me if I don't want them to."

Winnie suppressed a grin at that and the Doctor smiled proudly, "My nose has special powers."

"Yeah? That's why it's-", she looked at his nose intently and tilted her head. Winnie giggled quietly.

"What?", he furrowed his brows.

"Nothing", Nancy looked at Winnie and grinned as well.

"What?", he looked between the two women.

"Nothing", she giggled, "Do your ears have special powers too?"

Winnie burst out laughing and the Doctor frowned at her, then he looked at Nancy again, "What are you trying to say?"

She caught herself and brushed off her dress with the backs of her hands, "Goodnight, Mister."

"Nancy", he stopped her, "There's something chasing you and it isn't a boy, and it started about a month ago, right? The thing I'm looking for, the thing that fell from the sky, that's when it landed. And you know what I'm talking about, don't you?"

She looked down but timidly told him, "There was a bomb. A bomb that wasn't a bomb. Fell the other end of Limehouse Green Station."

"Take us there", he pulled Winnie in to underline his request.

"There's soldiers guarding it. Barbed wire. You'll never get through."

"Try me", he raised his brows.

"You sure you want to know what's going on in there?", she mirrored his stance.

"I really want to know."

"Then there's someone you need to talk to first", she said.

"And who might that be?"

"The doctor."

The Doctor and Winnie furrowed their brows at each other in confusion and hurried then to follow Nancy who was leading the way now. The walk wasn't very far to the Limehouse Green Station, that, as promised, was surrounded by barbed wire and guarded by armed soldiers.

"The bomb's under that tarpaulin", Nancy pointed there and the Doctor followed with super-binoculars, "They put the fence up over night. See that building? The hospital."

They all looked at the brick manor on the hill behind the station, "What about it?"

"That's where the doctor is. You should talk to him."

"For now, I'm more interested in getting in there."

"Talk to the doctor first."

"Why?"

"Because then maybe you won't want to get inside", she started to back away.

"Where are you going?", they looked after her.

"There was a lot of food in that house. I've got mouths to feed. Should be safe enough now."

When she turned around the Doctor called her again, "Can I ask you a question? Who did you lose?"