Chapter 10: Healing Together

Nitya POV:

Nitya POV:

At St. Joseph's School, after I struck ajay with the rod, the police arrived, followed shortly by an ambulance.

As they were treating his injuries, I was worried if he was going to be alright. Thankfully, the doctor informed us that he only had minor injuries and would soon regain consciousness, which eased my mind.

I can't forget that night, It all happened so suddenly on the roof, he was fighting with that masked men, and I mistakenly thought he was the one who knocked me unconscious. Without being in the right mind, I injured him, the one who had come to save us, and I regret what I have done for the rest of my life.

It's 8 AM in the morning, and the police asked us to remain at the station until the sub-inspector arrives. They tried to contact my parents, but I had no one to call. They also attempted to call Trisha's parents, however, it was Navin, who happened to be the sub-inspector's cousin, who intervened and saved Trisha from calling to her parents.

As I was sitting at the chai shop outside the police station, Trisha handed me a cup of chai and sat beside me, saying, "Are you okay? Don't overthink it, it's not your fault."

Looking at her, I responded, "I am fine, but I can't stop thinking about him. What if something happened to him?"

Trisha replied, "Nothing happened to him, right? Let me tell you, you didn't hit him too hard. I saw it. Because you were injured too, you didn't even have the strength to swing the rod harder at him. Besides, he had already taken a beating from those masked men, so that's why he collapsed so easily."

Without looking at her, I said, "Don't try to make me feel better, Trisha."

She made me look at her by pulling my hand and added, "It's all in the past, you understand? Now go and try to talk to him, and tell him that you are sorry for what happened. Maybe then you'll start to feel better."

Putting the chai aside, I replied in a loud voice, "Please give me a break, leave me alone for some time, and don't worry, I won't try to run away from my problems and try to die like you."

Maybe I talked too much. She tried to console me, but instead, I scolded her, and now all of a sudden she fell silent and looked down.

Nevertheless, she lifted her head, meeting my gaze, replied, "You are right, you know. I didn't have the courage to show my face to my parents after what happened, and I couldn't muster the guts to confront that monster, so I chose the easy path, and I wanted to commit suicide."

I interjected, apologizing, "Trisha, I didn't mean to hurt you."

Trisha stopped me from talking and added, "But when that masked man tried to throw me off the roof, in those split seconds, I imagined a life with this little one inside me. I wanted to live that dream, and it's what made me forget the thought of suicide. Also, you are the one who saved me, and I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I can't bear to see you like this."

There's something different about her now, she seems like a completely different person than the Trisha I know. I don't know what happened to her while I was passed out, but it has completely changed her. Suddenly, she is full of confidence and courage.

From what I see, she is injured, with bruises on her legs and hands. It's as if she endured a great deal of pain and bravely fought against that masked man. Now, it gives her the confidence to face anyone who stands in her way.

I gently placed my hands on hers, reassuring her, "You've changed so much in these past 10 hours, haven't you?" She smiled, and I continued, "As you said, I'll try to talk to him. I'll apologize for what I did, and let's hope that he forgives me."

Trisha responded with a warm smile, "He will definitely forgive you."

As we were talking, a constable interrupted us and told us that the inspector had arrived. After letting our hot chai cool down during our lengthy conversation, we made our way into the police station. Inside the cell, I saw Ajay, who appeared to be alright, having a conversation with Navin.

Trisha and I approached the cell, but Navin seemed shocked upon seeing us.