Chapter 19: Trisha & Navin Part-2

Navin POV:

Navin POV:

It's August 11th, 2023, and I've completed my 12th standard, but still, I can't stop thinking about her even after all this time. Since my first year exams, I haven't seen her, but I tried looking for her in my college, thinking she might be there, but I couldn't find her.

I know everyone kept saying why I'm so obsessed with this one girl whom I've only seen once, but the truth is, even I don't know why I was so crazy about her. Is it because I wanted a girlfriend so badly, or is it because I've never loved anyone in my life? No, it's not that. Then what is it? Why can't I shake her off my mind?

Yes, my college is filled with the most beautiful girls in all of Pune. However, she is the only one I like a lot, and I am so eager to meet her, to tell her how much I like her, and I don't care what anyone says. I still believe I'll meet her one day.

As I was lost in thought, someone bumped into me and hurried past, snapping me back to reality.

I was at the railway station to drop off Ajay, who is going to Goa because he got a seat at NIT Goa. Unlike him, I didn't even clear the EAMCET exam. My parents only gave me one choice and joined me by buying a seat at a prestigious college in Pune. However, I didn't have any interest in joining this college as I always wanted to study outside Pune city. Now, I have no choice but to study here since I failed the EAMCET exam.

As the train was delayed by 30 minutes, Ajay's father asked me to look for Ajay, as he had gone to a nearby shop to buy a water bottle but it's been 15 minutes since he left. I couldn't see him anywhere, so I tried calling him, but he didn't answer my calls. As I searched, I eventually found him coming towards me. I asked, "Ajay, where have you been all this time?"

Ajay looked relaxed and happy, smiling at me. He replied, "You know, Mira has come to the station. So I went outside to meet her."

I really wanted to yell at him for not telling me this earlier, but I managed to control my anger and asked, "Ajay, do you realize how much your father is worried about you? He's the one who sent me here to look for you, but here you are, looking so relaxed as if nothing happened."

He put his arm around me as we walked, explaining, "Navin, I already knew the train was late, and Mira couldn't let go of my hand. She keeps asking me to call and message her every day, and only now she made me leave."

"Don't you think you're putting her before your own family?" I asked.

"Oh Navin, you are thinking too much. When you love someone, then you too will understand, you have to spend time with them, or else they might think you've changed, which could ruin your relationship. So you need to give her importance in your life, man."

As we reached Ajay's platform, his father came towards him, scolding him for where he went. Then, all of a sudden, he hugged Ajay. It was the first time I had seen this side of uncle, who was being so emotional, and even Ajay seemed shocked by uncle's behavior. And uncle told Ajay to be careful in Goa.

As the train arrived at the platform, Ajay came towards me and said, "I know you still love her, but try to forget her. Accept the fact that you won't see her again, and only then can you make peace with yourself." With that, he got onto the train.

Since we were kids, this was the only time we were apart. Maybe this is what happens when you grow up, you have to leave the place you were born and raised, leave the people you were closest to, and even leave your parents to study or work in different places. And this new place may have everything you ever dreamed of, but still, it can't make you feel as if you're in your birthplace, the place where you were raised, where you cried, and where you had moments of joy.

The next day, I went back to my college to collect my certificates. After getting them, I walked outside and, as I was about to start my bike, I saw a huge poster in front of the college. I was so utterly puzzled that I slapped myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. But how is it possible? I was sure she wasn't from my college, yet here she was on the college poster for getting the highest marks in the college. All this time, she has been right next to my building, but I couldn't find her. But it's not the time for regrets, as at least now I know her name, it's Trisha.