Home for the Summer

Natasha had never been so happy to see Cassidy in her life.

She ran off the plane and flew directly into his arms.

"What this?" She cried in excitement as she peered at his right arm.

On Cassidy's right upper arm was an angel and her initials. In black ink. His dark grey wifebeater showed off the darkness of the colouring. It looked permanent. Cassidy's skin was still slightly red from the scabbing. Around the image was an intricate decorative design. It looked painful and street, yet beautiful and graceful all at once. It was certainly pleasing to the eye. NM, it read, in black cursive handwriting.

"Surprise," Cassidy whispered, his eyes shining, "it's still healing 'cause they made me tape it during soccer."

Natasha, still in awe, used her finger to trace the lines.

"Oh my God," she said.

She finally looked up at Cassidy who was grinning.

"Oh my God!" She squealed, hugging him.

"You like it?" He asked.

"I love it!" Natasha said, "I love you," she smiled, kissing his cheek.

Cassidy grinned, "Good."

"But," she said, "why? Oh my God, did it hurt? Oh my God, Cassie, I should have been there with you."

"Silly," he said, "because I wanted this to be a surprise. You can hold my hand when I get my second one."

"Cass, I am surprised," she said, "and you have no idea how much I missed you."

"Actually," he said, hugging her, "I do."

"Do you?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah," he said, "you just have no idea how much I missed you."

"Oh yeah?"

"Hey baby, I'm the one who went and got a tattoo," he said with a wounded look.

Natasha grinned and kissed him, "Of course. That's why I love you."

Two weeks without Cassidy. Natasha was so glad to be back into his arms.

A tattoo, she thought to herself as they turned, arms still linked, to retrieve her suitcases. He got a tattoo for her.

Natasha and Cassidy went back to his house, where his parents were conveniently still on vacation.

Natasha didn't even get her suitcase from Cassidy's car; they tumbled in the house, unable to keep their hands off each other.

There goes Cassidy's shirt and jeans. There goes her tank top and skirt. Natasha couldn't control herself. Can you accidentally take off someone's shirt?

When they fell onto Cassidy's bed, nearly undressed, Natasha felt Cassidy stiffen.

Realizing where this was headed, she nervously rested her body onto his, stopping the kiss.

"We really don't have to do this, Nat," Cassidy said, sensing her tenseness.

"I just-" She said, rolling off Cassidy, "I don't know. I-"

"If it makes you feel any better, Nat," Cassidy said gently, "I don't think I'm ready. I don't even have a condom right now."

Natasha frowned, "What? Really?"

Cassidy spun around and touched her cheek, "You mean a lot to me, and I love you; I don't want to ruin anything by rushing into sex. It's not the reason why I'm with you."

Natasha smiled, "You're the sweetest," she said.

Cassidy kissed her cheek.

Grinning, Natasha crawled into his opened arms and let him hold her.

Tessa was ecstatic to see that Natasha was back.

Shay had gone on vacation with her parents while Trix had run off with her current boyfriend, Chase.

"You have no idea how bored I've been," Tessa complained, "I am so sick of Brandon."

"Awh," Natasha said apologetically, "what have you been doing?"

"Watching Brandon play football and basketball, shopping with some people, tanning," Tessa said, "enough about me, how was your trip?"

"Horrible," Natasha said, "I don't really want to talk about it."

"I'm sorry," Tessa said, giving Natasha a hug.

"Drifting apart sucks."

Tessa nodded, "I know how that is. One day you're just best friends, the next you're total strangers...want to tell me what happened?"

Natasha sighed, "One of my friends...he was dealing last year. He stopped just before his brother ended up in jail after he and one of my girlfriends attempted a car burglary," Natasha paused, "then his brother was getting beat up in prison...and my friend had to start dealing again to stop the beatings..."

Tessa's eyes widened.

"God, that's awful," she said, "I'm so sorry."

"Whatever," Natasha said, "I'm not really part of their world anymore."

"It's okay. You don't want to be anyway, drugs aren't cool," Tessa said, changing the subject, "so, what did you think of Cassidy's body art?"

Natasha laughed, "You saw?"

"Brandon told me, you know he cried? It hurt that much."

"He never told me that!"

"Brandon said so. Do you love it?"

"Yeah," Natasha laughed, "enough to almost sleep with him."

"Oh my God," Tessa exclaimed, "what happened?"

"We decided we both weren't ready," Natasha shrugged.

"No way," Tessa said, "Cassidy said that?"

Natasha nodded.

"Girl!" Tessa squealed, hitting her playfully, "he really loves you."

Natasha grinned.

Los Angeles really wasn't that bad. Maybe she did have friends.