I'm Proud Of You - Fluffy

*Author's Note *
This one is for those who have been feeling down lately, for those who have been suffering mentally in silence and who feel like they have no one to talk to.
I know we all can't have an Anakin like this in our lives but I want you to know, for what it's worth, I am proud of each and everyone of you for getting through each day despite your struggles.

Y/N's POV:

I close my eyes and sigh as I stop before the screen to clock in for work, mentally preparing myself for another day. I wish I could say today would be better, but then I would be lying to myself. Same shit, different day, am I right?

"Y/N, can you please get started on this, now? I needed this done an hour ago." Your boss huffs as he walks past, probably to go hide so he doesn't have to help out.

"Yeah I will, I just gotta go out my stuff down, I just got here." I reply softly.

"Okay well hurry up, it's about to get busy." Boss rolls his eyes.

I take a deep breath and walk away to put my bag down, in avoidance of letting out what I really wanted to say. Being a cook was so great, running around trying to do everything all at the same time, with everyone yelling at you saying you're too slow, not doing enough when you're doing the job of four people because others have kept calling in because they're sick of being treated like crap. Only reason I still show up is because I need a paycheck so I can afford food on the table.

"Y/N, thank god you're here." Derek cries out as his eyes meet mine as I walk into the kitchen.

I smile as I pat his shoulder.

"I'm here, what would you like me to start with?" I ask, tying up my apron.

"The salads please." He pleads.

I nod as I make my way over to the preparation station to begin making the salads.

Derek and I are usually working together most days, suffering together. Running the show while the boss is off doing god knows what. We have built a close bond through having to deal with this on a daily basis together, we have become close friends. But he is leaving in a couple of months to venture elsewhere back on his home planet.

The business starts to pick up and it starts getting a lot more busier than we want it. So I speed walk out the back to ask the Boss for a hand.

"Hey, do you mind giving us a hand? We're getting slammed out there" I ask.

"I'm busy." He states, not once making eye contact. Watching what appears to be some comedy video on the hologram.

"You always are." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?" He asks, looking up at me.

"Nothing, don't even worry." I respond with sarcasm laced in my voice.

I walk back out and start helping Derek get these orders made and sent out, he looks over at me.

"Let me guess? It was a 'I'm busy'?" He asks, mocking Boss' tone.

"Yep." I sigh.

We got through the busy period, barely. It was really rough, the poor people who were handing out the orders were being verbally abused because we were taking a lot longer than expected seeing as we should have had more people out here helping. It's just not fair.

The Boss walks out and looks around, crossing his arms over his chest.

"This place looks disgusting. You need to get it cleaned up immediately. I swear everytime I look around, all of you are always standing around. Doing nothing." He spat through his teeth.