1

Summary:

The beginning to a businessman's backstory.

---

You know, for the record, I never wanted to choose a life of greed.

Or a life of never having enough.

Or hell, a life of never being enough.

But hey, that's just how things are when you enter the business world.

And lemme tell you, I didn't become the greatest fucking businessman to ever grace your television screen by being a pussy and giving up, no.

I worked my ass off to get to where I am today.

And sure, many of my methods may not be the most ideal (or legal), but who even gives a shit nowadays, anyway? Loads of people have done far worse things in the past and they've certainly made quite the living out of it.

Just take the world's most influential CEO for example: Bryce Tankthrust. That walking red flag of a woman is so filthy stinkin' rich, you can practically smell the wealth rolling off of her. She's got it all! The power, the status, and even a world-wide known reputation for being America's worst president. And how'd she manage to achieve all that fame and glory? Certainly not by following the system. She had all obstacles in her way removed so she could take the fucking reigns and run it herself.

And it worked.

So yeah, fuck it!

If my own birth mother can climb a corporate ladder with blood-tainted nails, who's to stop me from following in her heel prints?

_______________________________________

–Flashback–

An infant's soft little whimpers were instantly shushed by the gentle rocking and cooing of his mother.

"Sh, sh, sh... it's okay, darling. Momma's right here. Momma's got you."

Bryce smiled down at her two-month old son and pressed a light kiss to his forehead, giggling at the wide-eyed expression that appeared on her son's face, which then turned into an adorable smile.

"I'm feeling a little left out over here," Bobby called out jokingly from the opposite side of the couch. Bryce playfully rolled her eyes at him but got up anyway to sit right next to her son's ridiculous father.

"You know you're the only man I'll ever love, Bobby."

"Yeah, you made that perfectly clear when you ripped out your heart for me."

Bryce hummed as she leaned into Bobby's side, carefully readjusting her hold on the small bundle in her arms. "And you returned that gesture by giving me a dozen more," she momentarily paused, then added, "that, and this little bonus right here." The CEO gazed back down at their child. Bobby wrapped an arm around Bryce's waist and lifted up his other hand to boop their son on the nose. This emitted a cute giggle from the infant, which made both parents feel a rush of warmth swell in their chests.

Truth be told, neither of the two had been ecstatic at the news of Bryce's pregnancy eleven months ago. They hadn't exactly expected for her to get knocked up on their first time. Not to mention, neither of the two had grown up with decent, loving parents. So you couldn't really blame them for initially wanting to get rid of the child. There was so much at risk, and the couple knew that. It scared them. But when Bryce had somehow felt the light thumping of a heartbeat that wasn't her own, she knew she couldn't terminate the being growing inside of her now. And Bobby, being the ever supportive partner he was, agreed to let Bryce carry their child, even if the thought of becoming a father absolutely terrified him.