Epilogue

Summary:

The conclusion to a businessman's backstory.

---

I used to live a life of greed, but then I met the person I wanted to share all my wealth and success with.

I used to never have enough, but now I'm able to afford everything I could ever want.

I used to feel like I would never be enough, but that all changed the day I became so much more than what I used to be.

_______________________________________

"Welcome home, sweetheart."

Luxy could barely hold back his tears as he found himself standing in front of his childhood home again. His mother had clearly been making sure it was kept in perfect condition, as it looked almost exactly the way he remembered it all those years ago.

After two days of being confined at the hospital, Bryce was finally allowed to go home and was discharged just an hour ago. Luxy was actually supposed to film another commercial today, but was persuaded (and bribed) by his own mother to postpone it so they could all return home together as a family.

"Do you remember where your room is?"

"Yeah, it's–" Luxy paused and stared at his parents in disbelief. "You actually kept my room?"

Bryce smiled sadly. "Why wouldn't we keep the only thing we had left of you?"

"It's also the only room in this whole mansion off-limits to everyone but us and Donovan," Bobby added.

Still too stunned to speak, Luxy wordlessly began walking up the stairs to his room, his parents tailing right behind him. He passed by his parents' room before finally arriving at the foot of his own. He turned back to his parents, and they both gave him encouraging nods.

Like everything else in the house, his room was just the way he remembered it. Almost as if it hadn't been touched at all. But seeing as it wasn't covered in dust and cobwebs, someone had obviously been maintaining it.

"Believe it or not, but your mother cleans this room herself every few weeks."

The CEO crossed her arms with a faint blush on her cheeks. "I just don't trust anyone going through our son's belongings. What if they accidentally misplace something? What if they try stealing his things?!"

Luxy snorted. "I doubt anyone would try stealing a bunch of toddler clothes and toys, Ma."

"Sweetheart, they're expensive toddler clothes and toys. I'm not going to give them away to the poor." Bryce's face scrunched up in disgust at saying the last word. "But since they're yours, you can do whatever you'd like with them."

"Eh, I'd give them to my kids, but even they're too old to fit into them now."

The mention of kids has both parents gawking.

"I'm a grandma?!/You're straight?!" They exclaimed at the same time.

Luxy rolled his eyes. "Just to clarify, I have one biological son and four step-children. So yes, you two are grandparents, but only to my son Leslie. And I'm actually biromantic ace, if you're aware of what that means."

Bobby grinned. "Cool! Glad to know I ain't the only one in this family who likes dick!"

"You're bi, too?"

"Pan."

"Huh, why am I not surprised?"

"I could be pan... if the price is right." Bryce shrugged nonchalantly.

Luxy went to say something but froze as he caught sight of something on the wall.

It was an old picture of him with his parents

It was an old picture of him with his parents. He looked to be about a year old, and judging by how they were all still together, it was clearly taken before his mother began to drown herself in her work. Written on the lower frame in faded black sharpie were the initials "BT", "LBT", and "BW"

"The fuck is LBT supposed to stand for?" Luxy turned to his mother in confusion.

"It's your full name, silly. Luxy Beau Tankthrust."

The salesman blinked. "You're telling me I had a middle name this whole time?!"

Bobby chuckled. "Didn't you ever wonder why your mother calls you 'Luxyboo'?"

"Uh, no? I thought it was just some cute-sy nickname she came up with!"

The horny terrorist burst out laughing. His partner shot him a playful glare.

"Middle names aside, your father and I have something very important to tell you." Both parents shared knowing smiles with one another.

Luxy narrowed his eyes. "And what would that be...?"

Bryce stepped forward and took Luxy's hands into her own. "I'm retiring, sweetheart. And I want you to take over the company."

The salesman almost forgot to breathe as he let his mother's words sink in.

"Y-you... Ma, are you fucking serious?"

Bobby chuckled and gave his son's shoulder a comforting squeeze.

"You're an extraordinary salesman, Luxy. And you'll be an even greater businessman."

"Mhmm," Bryce hummed in agreement. "Besides, it is your birth right after all as our first and only son."

Tears welled up in Luxy's eyes as he smiled at his dear parents.

"So, what'd you say?" Timmy curiously asked, having been listening to his step-dad's story since the beginning.

"I said yes, obviously. On the condition that I get to keep 'Leroy' as my last name for branding purposes."

"But you're still legally a Tankthrust?"

"Yup."

Timmy hummed, looking out into the playground where all his other siblings were playing a game of tag with their uncle Sam. "Cool. Does that mean Leslie gets to inherit the company when you retire?"

"If he wants..." Luxy shrugged, then looked over to his step-son with a suggestive smile. "Or hey, maybe it'll be you following in my shoe prints."

The young boy spluttered. "Me?? But I'm technically not your son..."

"Psh, doesn't matter. I'm the boss now, remember? I can do whatever I want." The now businessman said proudly.

Timmy couldn't help but stare at his step-father in admiration. "That's fucking dope, dad."

Luxy chuckled and ruffled up Timmy's hair.

"That's business, kid."

FIN