8

Summary:

Luxy finally gets enlightened about his feelings for both Carol and Sam.

Who will he choose?

---

The 'date' with Carol had actually been a total success, to my complete and utter misfortune. Although in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have kept lying about who I was and what I did for a living. Now she thinks I'm an active advocate for safe boring sex between married couples, and that I do monthly visits to schools to preach the word of God.

It was only a matter of time before she eventually catches on to my lies. And the thought of losing her strangely made my heart ache.

There was just something behind those rectangle framed glasses that made me genuinely want to be her friend. I couldn't quite put my finger on it just yet, but if I truly wanted to keep seeing her, I needed to get on her good side.

No matter the cost.

_______________________________________

"Alright, that's a wrap!" Cameron announced, switching off the camera while simultaneously shooting Sam a thumbs up. The blonde let out a relieved sigh as he giddily skipped off of the set and over to his beloved friend and business partner. "How was that, Mister Leroy sir?"

"Hmm? Oh, nice work as always, Sam." Luxy replied, smiling at the other man before bringing his full attention back to his phone. "I gotta get going, boys. Mind closing up for me, Cam?" Sam's face instantly fell as the other man already began walking towards the exit.

"Yeah sure, boss."

"Great, I'll see you–"

"Mister Leroy wait!"

Luxy stopped in his tracks as he felt a warm hand grab ahold of his wrist. Cameron snickered as he watched the two oblivious idiots stare into each other's eyes with a clear hint of longing behind them. Sam's mouth opened and closed a few times, but no words were coming out. He was speechless.

Why did he try to stop Luxy from leaving?

What was he even going to say?

"Something you need, blondie?" Luxy asked in a gentle voice. Sam bit the inside of his cheek and quickly shook his head, releasing his grip on the salesman's wrist.

"N-nothing, mister Leroy sir. Just wanted to tell you to have a good day!" Sam chuckled nervously and hoped his smile wasn't too forced. To his relief, Luxy didn't notice as he simply lifted a hand to pat him on the shoulder.

"Thanks. You have a good day, too Sam."

And he was gone.

Cameron clicked his tongue as he glanced over at Sam, watching as the blonde's shoulders sagged as he let out a defeated sigh.

"You should really tell him, you know."

Sam jumped, an undignified squeak escaping his throat as he seemingly forgot Cameron's presence in the room. The latter rolled his eyes but shot a pointed look towards Sam.

"You can try to deny it all you want, but I've seen how you look at him, Sam."

"Psh, w-what are you talking about–"

"I'm a cameraman, Sam. I see both what's in front and behind the camera. If you seriously want proof I'll gladly show you the one hour compilation I made of just you and mister Leroy being domestic and couple-y during the filming of the Valentine's Day ad."

That immediately got the blonde to finally cut his bullshit.

"Okay fine! But what's a silly little confession going to do if he already loves someone else?"