𝙞𝙫. 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙪𝙥 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙊𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙉 𝙀𝙔𝙀𝙎

The trio sat in the backseat, Percy in the middle. "So- you and my mum- know eachother?" Percy said awkwardly, not knowing what to say. Myla wasn't sure what was happening she was so tired, she didn't know what day it was either.

"Not exactly, We've never met in person- but she knew I was watching over you." Grover stated, his eyes fixed to the rear view mirrors. "Watching me?" Percy said, sounding slightly concerned.

"Keeping tabs on you, making sure you were okay. But I wasn't faking being your friend. I am your friend!" Grover said the last part like somebody was arguing with him. "Okay- uh- so, what are you, exactly?" Percy asked, staring at Grover legs, which had been replaced by hooves.

"That doesn't matter right now."

"It doesn't matter? From the waist down. my best friend is a donkey an-" Percy was interrupted by loud bleat from Grover. Myla let out a pained groan, the sound hurting her head. "Goat!" Grover exclaimed.

"What?" Percy exclaimed, still startled from the loud noise that came out of Grover. "I'm goat from the waist down!" Grover fussed.

"You said it didn't matter!" Percy argued.

"Shut up!" Myla exclaimed, sick of hearing people's voices. Percy and Grover, of course, ignored Myla's complaint.

"Blaa-ah-ah! There are satyrs who would trample you for such a insult!" Grover argued, the bleat making Myla hiss again from the sudden loud noise. "What- wait satyrs? Like... like in Mr. Brunners Myths?" Percy asked, curiously.

"Were those old ladies at the fruit stand a myth? Was Mrs. Dodds a myth?" Grover snapped back. "So you admit there was a Mrs. Dodds!!" Percy exclaimed.

"Yes. Of course"

"Then why?-"

"Because the less you knew, the fewer monsters you'd attract" Grover explained. "We put mist over the humans' eyes. We hoped that you'd believe that the kindly ones were all a hallucination, but it was no good. You were already figuring out who you were."

A strange noise came bellowing from behind the car, whatever was chasing was still following.

"Who I- wait a minute- what do you mean?"

"Percy, there's too much to explain and not enough time. We need to get you to safety." Sally butted in.

"Safety from what? Who's after me?" Percy asked.

"Oh- nothing too important." Myla chimes in, her voice sounding sleepy. "Just the Lord of the Dead and a few of his blood thirsty minions." Percy's head snapped to look at the girl, shocked, scared, angry, no emotion perfectly described what the boy was feeling.

"Myla!" Grover and Sally exclaimed at the same time. "My bad" Myla mumbled tiredly, her eyes closed.

"Mrs. Jackson. Could you drive faster please?" Grover asked. Percy looked at Myla, still confused at her statement, but he realised he hadn't figured out what was wrong with her. "What's wrong with her?" Percy asked Grover.

"I'll explain later." Was Grovers answer, much to Percy's dismay.

Sally took a hard left, and the car swerved onto a narrower road. "Where are we going?" Percy asked, and Myla was beginning to get sick of the questions.

"The summer camp I told you about." Sally said, her voice shaking slightly. "The place your father wanted to send you."

"Yeah, the place I didn't want to go!" Percy argued. "Please dear, this is hard enough. Try to understand. You're in danger!" Sally argued. "Because some old ladies cut yarn."

"Those weren't old ladies." Grover said. "Those were the fates. Do you know what that means- the fact they appeared infront of you? They only do that when you're about- when someone is about to die."

"Woah- you said 'you'!" Percy exclaimed, sounding slightly offended.

"No I didn't. I said 'someone'!" Grover tried to cover his tracks.

"You meant 'you' as in me!"

"I meant 'you' like, someone! Not you, you!"

"Shut the fuck up!" Myla yelled, hurting her own head slightly. Sally nodded in agreement before swerving right to avoid a figure on the road.

"What was that?" Percy asked.

"We're almost there." Sally said, ignoring Percy's question. "Another mile. Please. Please. Please." She whispered.

The car sped up, and Percy leaned forwards slightly, now wanting more than ever to be safe.

Before Percy could ask anymore questions. The car exploded.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚. ───

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀

Tysm for 500 reads 💗 also season 2 of the show was finally announced!!!