𝙭𝙞. 𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙚𝙨

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙊𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙉 𝙀𝙔𝙀𝙎

: ̗̀➛(𝙈𝙔𝙇𝘼𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑)

While we walked through the warehouse, I nudged Percy. "A circus caravan? Really?" The fact he made it up so easily amazed me but also concerned me.

"Always have a strategy" He smiled and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and smirked, "Your head is full of kelp."

The warehouse was full of other creepy looking statues, I wondered how that lady was able to make so many.It never clicked how strange the statues were, different people doing different poses, and they were all life sized. I was too hungry to comprehend how weird this was.

The food smelt so good, that I hardly heard Grovers nervous whimpers, or the sound of the door being locked behind us.

We found the dining area and Aunty Em welcomed us to sit down, the lady gave me a strange vibe, but hey, free food right?

"Uhm- we don't have any money, ma'am." Grover muttered reluctantly, but Aunty Em waved him away.

"No, no, children. No money, this is a special case, yes? It is my treat, for such nice orphans." Her creepily white smile peaked out from under the veil that she wore. I never noticed how strange that was either, I had just assumed she was religious.

"Thank you, ma'am" Annabeth said. Aunty Em seemed to stiffen, like Annabeth had said or done something wrong. No, maybe I was just imagining things.

"It's quite alright, Annabeth." She grinned. "Say, you have such beautiful grey eyes. You too Myla."

I smiled at the complement, but then my blood ran cold.

We never introduced ourselves.

I started overthinking. Maybe Percy or Grover had introduced us at some point and I didn't hear.

Aunty Em's sickening white grin made a shiver go down my spine, suddenly I wasn't hungry. Aunty Em disappeared behind the snack counter and started cooking.

"Guys, I don't like this" I whispered in a hushed tone. The other three just shrugged me off, but I knew something was wrong.

Before I knew it, Aunty Em had already grilled up cheese burgers, vanilla shakes (which was my favourite flavour) and a XXL serving of french fries.

Annabeth started drinking the shake, Percy was tucking into his double cheese burger and Grover picked his fries, I could tell that he knew something was wrong too. I didn't touch a thing. I couldn't bring up my concern with them with Aunty Em sitting right there.

In all honesty, she intimidated me. I could feel her eyes burning into me through her veil.

Thats when I heard a slight hissing noise. "What's that noise?" I asked her. She played dumb, "Hissing? Perhaps you hear the deep fryer oil. You must have keen ears, Myla."

"I take vitamins." I mumbled, I really wanted to eat the food, but I didn't trust this lady one bit.

"That's cute" She smiled. "But, Please, just relax. Have something to eat."

I shook my head, a fake smile on my face. "No thanks, I'm not hungry."

Percy shot me a strange look, I had been ranting to him on the bus about how hungry I was.