5.Maggi

Shan approached Manik Bhai, who was sitting by the window, gazing out at the sea, appearing disheartened. Shan, with his eyes downcast, brought Maggi with him, having purchased it after discovering his bhai craving for it. He had discreetly left Veer and Viren to place the order and instructed Devansh Kaka to collect the delivery from the back gate, hence his secretive behavior and desire to reach his bhai.

Hiding the Maggi behind him, Shan noticed Manik was so engrossed in the sea view that he didn't detect the aroma or sense Shan's presence.

"bhai," Shan called out softly, but Manik, still not turning, prompted Shan to raise his voice, "bhai!"

Manik finally turned, slightly annoyed, "I'm not deaf. Why are you yelling? What's wrong? Who died?"

Shan apologized, "bhai, I'm sorry for my part in this."

Manik dismissed the apology, "It's not your fault; it's mine. I knew Viren Bhai would be angry, yet I couldn't control myself. You go eat downstairs; I won't join you. If I go, bhai will scold."

Shan stubbornly replied, "If you won't eat, neither will I. I'll stay hungry too."

Manik, trying to be rational, said, "Don't be silly. Eat. Don't get involved. The punishment was for me, not you. Stop this drama or I'll really lose my patience."

Shan insisted, "Hit me if you must, but I'm not moving until you eat. I'm not afraid of being scolded."

Manik teased, "You're a mouse, scared even of mice, and now you're acting brave."

Shan firmly said, "No, I won't leave."

Manik relented, "Fine, I'll order some junk food as punishment. I can eat that, right? You eat on my behalf. I'll place the order."

Shan revealed, "No need to order. I've brought Maggi for you. Here, eat this, and then I'll go downstairs. I know you well."

Manik, surprised, asked, "Where did you get this? You'll get me in trouble. Go throw it away. Wait, did you make it? Or tell me where it's from."

Shan explained, "I ordered it, and Devansh Kaka brought it."

Manik worried, "You'll get Devansh Kaka and me in trouble. Go dispose of it."

Just then, Viren arrived, intending to speak with Manik. Manik quickly hid the Maggi, fearing the worst. Shan noticed Viren's presence and felt apprehensive, hoping it wasn't Dhir or Arjun Bhai. Seeing Viren, Shan's fear intensified.

"bhai, when did you get here?" Shan asked.

Viren replied, "I've been here since you two started talking. I've seen what Manik is hiding. It's fine. Eat up. I've been too harsh on you. I'll talk to bhai. Just for today. And for our earlier conversation, eat this as your punishment."

Manik quickly apologized, "Sorry, bhai. I won't do it again. You're the best, especially for allowing the Maggi."

Shan, feeling unappreciated for bringing the Maggi, sarcastically thanked them, "Thanks for appreciating my effort. What can I do?"

Viren instructed, "Quiet. And you, go downstairs. This Maggi is for him, not you. bhai has already prepared food. Eat up. I'll join soon."

Shan left, understanding they needed privacy.

Viren and Manik apologized to each other. Manik admitted his mistake, while Viren reassured him, acknowledging his own overreaction. They hugged, and Viren fed Manik, who enjoyed the gesture. They then had a thorough conversation about what happened at college.