Chapter Two: Home again

A/N: The movie Logan doesn't exist in this fanfiction series. They're all alive and well, and living happily with everyone. But Laura exist, and Jesse and Logan founds her while on their last mission.

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

"Jesse?" Logan said, peeking his head into their bedroom to look at his husband, noticing that he's looking at a picture of their missing son, Henry.

Jesse turned his head over his shoulder, looking at Logan standing by the doorway, smiling softly at him as he put down the picture on his bedside table. "Yes?" He said, standing up and walking towards his husband. "What's wrong?" He asked when he noticed the concerned expression on his husband's face.

"Charles called us to go... there..." Logan hesitates, thinking about whether they should go to the place where their son got taken away from them or not.

"Oh." Jesse said, a frown on his face as he looks at the wall.

"Yeah, oh." Logan said, repeating his husband's words as he leaned his shoulder against the doorframe, looking at Jesse. "We don't need to go there if you don't want to." He said, standing up straight to take Jesse's hands into his.

"It must be important if he wanted us to be there, Logan." Jesse said, looking up at Logan who frowned. "He didn't disturbed us for years, and all of a sudden he called us and told us to be there?" He questioned as Logan approached him and brought him into his embrace.

"What about Konstantin and Laura?" Logan asked.

"What about Konstantin and Laura?" A voice repeated from the doorway before a crunch was heard.

Logan turned around and looked at their youngest son, letting out a small huff.

Konstantin looks at his dads' with his eyebrows raised, an apple in his left hand, a spot missing from the apple telling them that the crunching was from him eating it. "Where are you two going?" He asked, leaning against the doorway like Logan has done before.

Jesse and Logan shared a look, wondering if they should tell him. Jesse nodded and walked towards the closet, opening the door and taking out the case.

"Dad?" Konstantin questioned, looking at Jesse then at Logan.

"Charles called us." Logan said, looking at his son.

"Okay?" Konstantin questioned, shrugging one of his shoulders.

"He wanted–" Logan was cut off by Konstantin talking over him.

"Say no more, I'm going." Konstantin said.

"You mean 'we're'?" Laura asked, passing by the door to go to the kitchen.

"We'll be more in danger if we stay here, Dad." Konstantin said, seeing the look on his father's face. "Remember what Erik said, we can't stay alone for a few seconds before there will be people coming for us."

"He's right y'know." Laura said, leaning against the doorway, an apple of her own in her hand.

"Okay, what's with the apple." Logan said, looking at his son and daughter.

Konstantin smirked, taking another bite of the apple. "Nothing, we're just too lazy to cook something." He said, chuckling when Logan rolled his eyes.

"Go pack up your bags if you're coming then." Jesse said, turning to look at his son and daughter. "I'll go make your breakfast while you pack." He said as they both nodded and ran off to their bedrooms.

Logan sighs and turns to look at his husband by the closet. "Are you sure about this?" He asked, approaching Jesse to help him pack up.

"No." Jesse said making Logan freeze in front of the closet as he turned to look at Jesse. "But we can't just hide away forever." He said, looking up at Logan who placed the shirt inside the bag and stood in front of him.