Jungle

Disclaimer: Mention of Miscarriage.

       ---------------------------------------------------------------

Indiana turned to see her wearing a white button-up, black slacks, and a black fedora. "Stealing my look Y/N?"

She smiled, "Well, I can't just tread through the jungle in a dress now, can I? What doc, do you not think I pull it off just as good as you if not better?" 

"I wouldn't say that, and it is practical." 

She simply nodded, "There's a car outside waiting. it's going to take us as close as it can."

"Let's go."

"After you." Indiana put his hand out.

Indy began to get uneasy five minutes into the car ride. The driver began to eye them in the back seat through the rearview mirror. Indy put his right arm around Y/N and his left on her knee tracing circles. 

"Hun, I know this isn't the exact trip you hoped for but I will make it worthwhile," he gave a flirty smile.

"Wh-"  

He quickly put his lips to her ear and whispered, "I know it's going to be hard for you but I need you to smile and just attempt to trust me here. Act like you're into this," He kept smiling against her, pretending to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. She put her hand along his jaw, biting her lip. "I think we were in danger right now. Just play along." They made eye contact. 

"I don't doubt that dear." She kissed him, and Indy deepened the kiss. In a quick motion, he opened her door, wrapping his arms around her, and throwing them both onto the dirt road, just as the driver began shooting at them. He quickly helped her to her feet and they ran into the trees together.

Shots rang out around them as they ran hand in hand. "What the hell is going on Indy?" She yelled over gunfire.

"I could ask you," He abruptly stopped, pressing her back against the closest tree causing her fedora to drop to the ground. Arms still gripping her shoulders, both their chest rising and falling heavily, "WHO ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THIS Y/N?!"

"NO ONE! You're the only person I've told." She yelled back, shoving him away. "I know you may not think highly of me Jonesy," Jonesy? "But I'm not a complete idiot. I'm an archeologist just as you are. You handed me my degree for God's sake, or do you not remember that?"

"Of course, I do," His voice was softer, lifting his fedora and running his hands through his hair, replaced the hat. He sighed heavily, before hearing more gunshots. "We need to get out of here." He bent down picked up her hat, and dusted it off before putting it back on her head. "You're smarter than you even give yourself credit for Y/N." He gave her a sincere look, "For the record, I do think highly of you." he began walking off, "You're just a pain in the ass."

She watched him walk for a moment before following. A few minutes later the gunfire died down. They decided to walk in silence for most of the day.

"Do you even know where we are going?" Indy asked, blindly following her.

She looked up from the map, turning her head to look at him giving him a furrowed brow. She pointed to her chest. "Also, an archeologist, I also speak four languages and, I'm a cartographer." She gave a sarcastic smile, "We just had this argument. Do you want to repeat it?"