Why?

Indiana and Y/N were slowly trying to get back to the main road. The heat, injuries, and the fact that they no longer had their belongings made this task quite difficult. It took half the day and they felt like they were going in circles. 

"Did you ever think we'd be here six years ago?"

Indy looked down at her, as he was leaning on her. "No. Do you remember when we met?"

"Yes, it was the beginning of my Sophomore year."

"You were a mess, even then."

"Me?"

He laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK: six years prior.

Indiana's last class of the day had concluded, he was alone in his classroom collecting the papers from his desk, and putting them in his pack when a woman barged in, from the ragged breaths he knew she had been running. He took off his glasses, looking at her assessingly. Her pitch-dark hair was a little longer than her shoulders, one side pinned against the side of her head. She wore a white turtle neck long-sleeved swing dress, with purple and blue flowers, and navy blue heels.

He swallowed hard. "Can I help you?" He asked, folding his glasses and setting them on his desk.

She tucked away a curl behind her ear from her face. "Are you Doctor Jones?"

He couldn't help staring at her beauty. "Yes, and you are?" 

"Y/N."

He held out his hand and she shook it, "How can I help you?"

"I was supposed to be in your last class, but it's my first day and I got completely turned around and have been wandering around for the last hour or so." She kicked the ground before bringing her gaze back to him. "I'm sorry, I'm usually very punctual." She couldn't help but stare for a moment.

"You're  in my class?" She looked at him bewildered. "Oh, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just,  usually, my students are a bit on the you-." She arched a brow at him. He shook and dipped his head, rubbing his temple. "I am not saying what I'm trying to say accurately here." He scratched the back of his head in sheepishness.

"Younger side?"

"Not that you're old." He retorted, a matter of fact.

"Just not young?" With a questioning indignant expression. 

"Sorry, I did not mean to offend you."

She smiled at him, causing him to smile. "I'm sure you didn't mean to, I guess it's an off day for both of us. Again, I'm sorry I am so late." She turned to leave. 

He took a step forward, "I have time if you have nowhere else to be," She turned back towards him. "If you'd like I can rehash what I went over in class."

"Oh, I couldn't ask you to do that for me."

Another step forward, "You didn't, I offered." He gave a crooked grin. 

She held back a smile. "If you insist." she sat at the desk directly across from his.

Indy began going over the material. Handing her a book she would need. He sat on the front of his desk. He was impressed by how much she already knew and all the intriguing questions she asked. She was bright, interesting, charming, funny, beautiful. She was just the type of woman he'd be interested in if she weren't his student. They talked for a few hours until the sun hit the horizon and painted the sky a beautiful mural.