Cursed Prophecy

(Honestly, the name might change)

Summary/General idea: Hoshizora Mizuki was perfectly content living a normal life with her two friends. But, of course, the world had other plans, and the only one she can blame already died thousands of years ago.

Notes: Ah yes, another product of 'I wonder if this way of starting a story would be good. Let me write one to test it'.

Chapters: 1 complete, 1 in progress (2 total)

Status: Not Published

Chapter 1: An End, A Beginning

It all started because of a stupid prophecy.

Okay, maybe it's not that stupid, but Hoshizora Mizuki would argue otherwise. After all, it was her life that was changed because of it.

She was perfectly happy being peacefully ignorant of the watchful eyes of those deformed creatures. She was perfectly happy being normal. No curses, no prophecies, no Jujutsu world.

But alas, this story would not exist if the prophecy didn't. And it's not like she had a choice but to go along with it. She wasn't given a choice.

~~~~~~~

"Mi-chan! Come on, hurry up! They'll sell out if we're not quick enough!" Tahara Nahoko called to her friend, Nakamura Etsuko by her side as they both waited for her to catch up.

Mizuki was brought out of her thoughtful state by her friend's voice, and she sped up her pace so she could catch up with them.

Something didn't feel right. It hadn't all week. But for some reason, only Mizuki seems to feel this way. Although, it's not actually strange for her. Worrying for no reason seems to be her specialty. She can't help it when sometimes she feels a sudden wave of negativity that reminds her somewhat of death.

But this was a bit different. Those feelings normally only lasted for short moments, no longer than a couple hours. They didn't last a whole week with no breaks. Something just didn't seem right.

She had long since realised that these odd senses of darkness were hers alone, so she stopped telling others. She didn't want to make them worry just because she was worried. More times than not, nothing was wrong.

She quickly caught up to her friends, who had stopped to wait for her. "Sorry. Let's go." She apologised.

"Were you thinking about something, Mi-chan?" Etsuko asked in her naturally softer voice, the one that seemed to perfectly match her long black hair and aqua green eyes.

Nahoko looked at Mizuki as well, wondering what she could have been thinking about this time. She was concerned that Mizuki had a bad feeling again, and it showed in her soft brown eyes. But eventually she smiled at her friend and faced forward again, her shoulder-length light brown hair following her as she quickly turned back to her path.

"Come on! I heard the dream catchers this shop sells actually work. That should help you feel more at ease at night, right Mi-chan?" Etsuko said as she continued walking.

Mizuki gave a small, weary smile. She hadn't realised they were doing this for her, and she felt kind of guilty. She'd only mentioned her troubles sleeping to her friends twice.

It happens quite frequently though. She will sometimes get those strange feelings at night, while she's sleeping, and they will cause her to have nightmares. When she eventually wakes up because of them only to find the feeling still there, she can't fall back asleep.