Chapter eight- New surroundings

Elizabeth's POV:
Y/n and I make our way back to her car, and start to head to her apartment. I keep my head turned towards the window, looking out at the unfamiliar terrain, even though it's now dark, the streets are well lit. Around 20 minutes had passed and y/n was now turning into what looked like an underground car park, we soon came to a halt. My mind was still hazy from all the alcohol, so it wasn't until I heard "are you coming?", that y/n had already gotten out of the car and opened the door for me, like she usually does. He doesn't even do that.
She rolls her eyes playfully at the lack of my response, next thing I know, her dainty but surprisingly strong hands grip my waist and lifts me up out of the car and onto my feet. I can't help but fixate towards the feeling of her hands on my waist, wondering why there's a fluttery feeling flowing through my body. It must be the alcohol still lingering.
"Miss Olsen can you walk?" Y/n asks me tentatively.
"Uhh let's see"I reply. I take a step and good I can walk again. Next thing I know I'm on the floor, with y/n chuckling at me whilst picking me up again.

"Miss Olsen jump on my back". I comply without any resistance, because the high heels are killing me, and she trudges her way towards the elevator. She clicks the button for the eighth floor and we arrive shortly. Y/n carries me towards her front door, and unlocks it.

I'm now placed on the floor and I take a few steps forward and observe the space in-front of me. It's so cosy. Warm lighting radiates throughout the whole apartment, with an open plan living room and kitchen, with a breakfast bar. In the living room there's an L shaped sofa, tv- and cabinet, and a gorgeous upright piano with an acoustic guitar next to it on a stand. Her home really is beautiful. I walk towards the fake fireplace and pick up the photo frame of what looks to be a young y/n, smooshed between her mother and father, all of them sticking their tongues out at the camera. Cute. The next photo consists of her and her cousin Charlotte, both of them smiling, however my eyes seem to only focus on y/n, and her perfectly created face.
"Are you done being nosey Miss Olsen" y/n smirked. I scoff at her remark,
"I was not being nosey y/n, I was just intrigued that's all. You have a lovely apartment by the way, I love your piano, it's beautiful" I hummed.
"Thank you, that was the first thing I put in here. I didn't care for a bed, sofa or tv, I just wanted my piano." She stated whilst looking quite emotional at it. I fear I may have delved into a touchy subject.
"Miss Olsen whilst you were snooping I laid out some pyjamas- well a T-shirt and shorts that you can wear that will certainly be more comfortable than the dress your wearing"
I nod " thank you y/n, I'll go get changed then".
I quickly get changed, not without making sure my dress is neatly folded. And come back into the living room to find her setting a make shift bed on the sofa.

"Thank you, for letting me stay here by the way, but you don't need to make the sofa look all posh I'm fine with just a blanket and a pillow" y/n tilts her head in confusion before saying,
" no the sofa is for me, your taking the bed tonight, after all you are my guest." She insists but, me being me, and still a little drunk, I simply reply "no." Y/n however was having none of this so she stood up straight grabbed my shoulders,gently, and started pushing me back towards her bedroom, and finally stopped when the back of my knees hit the bed.
"Good night Miss Olsen" she smiled cheekily. And shut the door.
I guess I'm staying here then.

My eyes flutter open, and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Where the fuck am I. I start to internally panic and quickly lift the duvet off my body. Phew I'm fully clothed. Wait, that's a cute shirt. My eyes dart around the room trying to see whether I've been here before. Nope. I sigh and begin to sit in silence for a few minutes. However my silence was interrupted by the soft playing of a piano, and someone humming a melody. Wow.
I get out of the bed and open the door and my eyes widen at the sight. Y/n sitting in her pyjamas at her piano, scribbling stuff down in what looks like a notebook. I stay silent, leaning on the doorframe.
She starts playing a few chords over and over again, trying different ways of arranging them with arpeggios, and different chord inversions (a/n iykyk- I play piano so yah). Then I hear her start to sing.
(Promise by Laufey)