Chapter nine - square one

Y/Ns POV

After dropping Miss Olsen off I drove home and went for a short run, as I haven't been on one in a while. I decided to have a relaxing rest of the day by chilling, playing my instruments, having a bubbly bath and making my favourite dinner- spaghetti bolognaise, as it was much needed after the stress and of Miss Olsens evening out. I went to bed within seconds after hitting my pillow.

The next morning I wake up at a reasonable hour of 7 AM, being an early riser, and picked up my guitar, trying to think of words for how I'm feeling right now.

No longer a danger to herself or others
She made up her mind and laced up her shoes
Yelled down the hall but nobody answered
So she walked outside without an excuse

She could do anything she wants to
She could do whatever she wants to do
She could go home, but she's not going to....

I sigh and write down the lyrics in my notebook. And just like I wrote down in those lyrics I tied my shoe laces ready to go outside and clear my head. However as I put my headphones on my head I got a text from Miss Olsen.

Miss Olsen:
Please can you come to my house ASAP, in need of assistance.
Y/N:
                                             Aye aye captain 🫡
Miss Olsen:
🙄🙄 - You're unbearable. Hurry up.

Her statement makes me laugh, even though it seems cruel. I'm relieved that she's genuinely seeking assistance since it makes me feel less worthless as a human, and this may help fill up my lonely day I was going to have.

I swiftly arrive at her home, following her instructions, due to not wanting to be on her bad side at 8:30 in the morning- other wise it could be a long day ahead of me. Knocking on the door, before letting myself in. I scoff at the sight. Scarlett and Miss Olsen drinking coffee at the kitchen island laughing.
"So this was the emergency?" I ask with a small   Playful huff.
The two blondes whip their heads towards me, one with a massive grin, and the other, well not so enthused. Scarlett leaps towards me and engulfs me into a massive bear hug, giving my cheek a massive kiss, I look up and see Miss Olsen glaring at me, but once she sees that I'm looking too she takes a massive gulp of her coffee and turns her head back around.
"So what is the reason why I'm here ladies?" I ask them more genuinely now.
"Well, Miss moody pants y/n... it's roses birthday this weekend and I'm flying back home to New York, so we can throw a big party for her. However we don't know what theme to choose, and what the cake should be etc. so we wondered if you could help up please" Scarlett asked politely.
"Oh my god yes I forgot about the little flowers birthday!! I actually love planning parties- hosting them not so much" making Scarlett chuckle, and a tiny smile come from Miss Olsen but she tries to conceal it.
"Right then, queen party planner, let's get started!" Scarlett says, and I only start noticing that Miss Olsen is being quite quiet today, she probably just didnt get much sleep, so I shrug it off and get my head in the game.

"Oh my god I got it!" I exclaim after brainstorming ideas for the last 3 hours. The two blondes look up from their laptops and face towards me.
"How about a drive in movie party, where we put up a big screen in your backyard, and make cardboard cars, which the kids can colour and decorate them with glitter and shit. Have a popcorn stand, maybe s'mores, you know that kind of stuff?" I offer.
"Oh my god yes!!" They both exclaim, happily and relieved.
Miss Olsen then speaks up "we could put roses favourite movie on; tangled"
"Yessss Miss Olsen that's such a good idea" I smile at her and she gives me her first genuine smile back today, to me.
I didn't realise we were having a staring contest until Scarlett cleared her throat making me look away, with my cheeks blushing.

After we finalised some of the important stuff like, hiring a projector and screen, beanbags to go in the cars, and a big popcorn machine, It was now 3pm already. We all moved to Miss Olsens couch with our late lunch, a chicken salad, made by Miss Olsen.
"Oh my god miss this is so good!! What did you put in this" I question in awe. Scarlett laughs at my astonished face and Lizzie grins before replying "all the ingredients used in this salad I grew, well apart from the chicken. Even though I hate uncooked tomatoes, I still love growing them, and I know you like them so I added them to Scarlett's and yours. And I have a secret ingredient that I use, so I can't tell you" she cheered.
"Wow, that's so impressive. Would it be alright if you could show me around your garden one day, I'm really interested in this sort of stuff but because I have an apartment I don't really have any space for this.?"
"Really? No one ever cares to see what I'm growing! I'd be really happy to show you around!" She admitted with a lopsided smile, to which I just nod because I can't get over how beautiful she always looks.
We finish up eating our lunch with small conversations, before Scarlett gets up and says she has to go to a meeting, so Miss Olsen and I bid her goodbye and we go back to the living room.