Part 4

"This is your room, Angel," Leo informed me as he opened one of the many doors in the hall we were in. 

When Leo told me that I had to stay over with him, no objections required, my heart had skipped a beat and I couldn't speak. When I found my voice, I told him that I had to talk to my mother first but Leo interrupted me and told me that he had already called my mother and gotten her consent. I was surprised. I never thought she would let me go that easily. My own mother had made a cchoice for me without consulting me and that hurt. However, she must have known that I would try to get out of it if he asked me instead.

 I had no choice but to stay over for the weekend because of my mom. Thanks a lot Mom.

As I looked around the room, I could see that the walls were some sort of cream-colored paint with soft red roses painted over that color. The bed sheets had a rose right in the middle with a light brown background color. A nightstand was on the left side of the bed with a beautiful white colored lamp. At the other end, there was a door that led to the bathroom which had aqua colored walls. The restroom had all the essentials I needed for tonight whuch I was glad. As I came out of the restroom, I caught sight of two glass doors on my right. I walked curiously towards them and opened them. A gasp escaped my lips when I find myself in a small balcony with two comfortable chairs on either side. The balcony had the scene of a beautiful garden that stretched for a couple of miles. I loved it so far! Never in my life had I seen such beautiful scenery. I fell in love with the balcony instantly and knew that I would never find something so magical like this for the rest of my life.

"Do you like it?" Leo asked me, which made me jump. I had forgotten that Leo was behind me this whole time, holding my puppy in his arms.

I smiled a little nervously and nodded my head. 

"It's beautiful," I whispered, trying to avoid Leo's stare. 

He just chuckled. "I'm glad you like it," he said.

We stood there awkwardly as Leo stared at me and I tried to avoid his gaze by looking out into the garden. He's a man that I could stare at for the rest of my life, but it just makes me feel embarrassed that he's staring at me. My heart was confusing me since I did not know why I was feeling something for someone I barely met.

Leo is the one to break the awkward silence that had engulfed us.  

"Well, I should let you rest for the night," he told me with a small smile. His eyes showed something else and I was surprised to find sadness in them. Why would he feel sad? Before I could voice my question, Leo handed me my puppy which I took and hugged close to my chest. 

He walked towards the door while I just stood there without making a move to follow him. I felt like a part of me was leaving with him, which confused me the most. What are these feelings? I asked myself in my head. "Th..Thank you, Leo," I stammered, knowing that a blush was creeping up my cheeks. 

He stopped when I said that and turned around to give me a grin which made me feel more embarrassed. He gave a small comical bow towards me and I could see a twinkle of delight in his eyes. I giggled at his bow and he gave me a bigger grin. 

"Goodnight, Angel," he said as he opened the door.

"Goodnight," I whispered as he stepped into the hallway. He paused for a second and turned around to face me.

"Before I forget, the drawers are filled with clothes that are for you to use and under the bed there is a cage and other essentials you will need for your new puppy," he informed me.

My eyes widened. Leo did all this for me? Why would he go through so much just for a simple human being like me? I thought. I wanted to object and Leo could tell what I was about to do. He raised his hand and said something that made my stomach flutter with butterflies.

"Don't worry, Angel. This is something that I wanted to do for you," he grinned as he closed the door leaving me with these feelings that I did not understand at all. 

Never in my life have I heard someone say those words to me and considering that he's my fiancé, I never expected him to do or say all of this on our first day. I felt shocked, amazed, but also confused. Shocked at everything Leo has provided me with, amazed at the beautiful things he has offered me, but confused that all this had to happen on the day I meet him. I can truly say that my mind isn't functioning correctly right now with all these thoughts in my head. 

I only came back from my thoughts when my puppy whined for me to let him go and put him down. When I did, he started running around the room and playing with my feet. I giggled, knowing this puppy would be really energetic.

I quickly walked toward the chest drawer and opened all the drawers to find them full of all kinds of shirts, shorts, pajamas, and pants. I was utterly shocked at what I had found. Why would a guy provide all of this for me? I shook my head to clear it and moved on to the closet that was next to the chest drawer. What I found in there, shocked me the most. You could find all types of shoes in there: Sneakers, converse, high heels, flats, etc. All of that you could find in this closet. There were also dresses of different colors and for different events hanged up. Most of the dresses were some shade of blue, though, which shocked me even more. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! But at the same time, I felt confused.

Why would he provide all of this for me when I barely met him? Something is going on here, something I am not aware of yet, I thought. You can't blame a girl for being suspicious at all this now can you? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and decided to first settle my puppy with his basic needs. I recalled that Leo mentioned the supplies under the bed. I got on my knees and find them there. 

I quickly sort through all of the things that are in there for my new puppy- crate, bowls, food, training pads, chew toys, etc. - and take out what I truly need for the time being. I fill up one of the bowls with water in the bathroom and place it on the opposite wall from my bed. My puppy quickly runs over to where I placed the bowl full of water and starts lapping water. I opened the bag of puppy food and filled the other bowl with it, placing it right new to the water bowl. On the restroom floor, I placed one of the training pads and next to the feed bowls, I gently placed the crate with the dog bed inside and the chew toys on the other side of the crate. 

 I decided to take a bath before going to sleep. I filled the tub with warm water and got in, feeling at once the warm water relaxing my muscles. I scrubbed my whole body and shampooed my hair before rinsing it and stepping out of the water, wrapping a bathrobe that I had found hanging there. I quickly dried my hair and found a brush to brush my hair in one of the drawers. I recalled finding a drawer under the bed when I had looked under to look for the puppy supplies and my hand had brushed against a handle. Out of curiosity, I opened the small drawer and instantly my jaw dropped.

You would not believe what I found there! All the intimate clothes that a girl could need for a whole year. Most of it had lace but I reddened because I didn't know who had gotten all of this for me. What if Leo bought all this and picked it himself? Even though I felt embarrassed, I was panicking. Before I had second thoughts, I decided to pick some out and put them on as I also searched for pajamas in one of the other drawers. Satisfied with what I was wearing, I walked to the balcony and said a little prayer to my Guardian Angel:

"Guardian Angel of my heart,

protect me day and night,

and never leave my side,

Amen."

It was a prayer my dad had taught me when I was little and ever since, I have prayed before going to bed. It became more like a habit, but when my father died, I took it as a way to thank him for what he had done for me. The love I have for my father is stronger than anything else. I look at the night sky one more time before hading inside my room and closing the balcony doors behind me. I then got under the covers, curled up into a ball, and fell asleep immediately.

Sorry Sorry!! I know it took me so long to update but I just had too much going on and I really haven't had time to post the update even though it was partly ready. So next part!!! :D Leo is taking Angel on a date somewhere!!! Can you guess where??? I hope I get to update really soon!! Thank you for those who have read my story and loved it!! Enjoy!!