𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗅𝖾

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

The gunship thundered over the red jungles and forests of Anaxes

The gunship thundered over the red jungles and forests of Anaxes. Other than the thrum of the repulsorlift arrays, the main hold was enveloped in silence.

At length, Talia allowed her eyes to wander. A subtle mix of amusement and intrigue sparked in the depths her azure gaze when those siren hues caught the marksman staring.

Bathed in the subdued glow of the overhead crimson lights, his unwavering brown eyes bore into her own unapologetically. She would have expected him to avert his gaze in indifference once having been caught, but that was not the case.

From across the way, Crosshair watched those infuriating, tantalizing eyes sparkle with unbridled mischief. He would have scoffed and looked away if not for the hold those eyes had upon him. They had captured him, turned him to stone. He felt his heart beat unnaturally when he watched her full lips curl into a mischievous grin.

At long last he freed himself and tore his gaze from the seductress that had ensnared him. His eyes mirrored the newfound scowl on his face and he turned to the closest target he could to take out his frustration. As if looking for a fight, he locked eyes with Jesse. Under the challenge of the marksman's stare, Jesse stood straighter.

"What are you looking at?" he asked defensively.

Crosshair grabbed the toothpick from between his lips. "We don't usually work with 'regs,'" he scowled, flicking the toothpick at Jesse's chest plate.

Talia studied the man's stern side profile from her place at Cody's side. He had not yet spoken until now. His voice was like a coiled snake, deliberate and ready to strike.

Jesse reeled back as if struck. "'Regs?'"

When he made a move forward, he was stopped by a hand on his chest. "He's talking about regular clones," said Hunter. "But don't take it personal."

Talia sensed a gentle nudge on her arm and looked up, meeting the brown, gold-flecked eyes of Commander Cody as they mirrored the expanse of her blue seas.

"You want this one, General?"

Amidst the clamor of the others, his voice lowered to a point where only she could hear. She wasn't entirely sure whether he referred to the mission at hand or to the bickering troopers. Either way, she was content to sit back and watch the show. A grin played on her lips, and she shook her head in amusement.

"They're all yours, Commander."

He gave a rare chuckle, accompanied by a slight, subtle shake of his head. The grin disappeared abruptly, and in the following moment, he assumed a more serious and composed posture.

"We're all on the same team, so cut the attitude and listen up. Here's the mission. Our target is this Cyber Center." He pulled a handheld holoprojector from his belt and a great big satellite dish illuminated the dark space. "It's the 'brains' of the entire Separatist campaign here on Anaxes."