𝖺 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝖾𝖼𝗁𝗈

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

The path of rock and stone wove itself through the gnarled and mangled landscape of Skako Minor

The path of rock and stone wove itself through the gnarled and mangled landscape of Skako Minor. Great big geologic formations sprouted from the ground, reaching towards the clouds above until they disappeared into the yellow haze.

The Poletec scouts led them through the maze of rocky spikes until they began to ascend a winding trail. The trail was barely that, however, as they soon began to scale a great mountainside. A breeze climbed the mountain slopes until the air became cool enough to condense its vapor to rain.

The rain was slight but noticeable, and mildly acidic in the way Talia felt it sting against her skin. The smell of rotten eggs accompanied the rain and Talia knew it was a byproduct of the planet's hydrogen sulfide atmosphere. They hiked up into the cloud layer until they could barely see the person ahead of them. And when the yellow mist began to dissipate, they came upon the mountain top, the rocky peak.

Few words could have described the view. It wasn't exactly picturesque, but hauntingly ethereal all the same. The peak they had climbed was taller than all the rest, and they could see for miles all around. Down below, the yellow mist blanketed the land in all directions; and far above, an inversion layer of dark cloud, twinged with beige and yellow, stretched across the sky like the barrier to the heavens.

In the distance, a city of spires appeared amidst the buff landscape. The towers emerged from the yellow mist below, rising against the horizon, before disappearing high into the clouds above.

Talia led the others as they followed after the two scouts who crawled their way up a rocky ledge. She kneeled behind them when the city came into view and Rex did the same at her side. The Poletecs turned before pointing an elongated finger in the direction of the towers, speaking briefly words they could not understand, but presumed well enough.

Talia nodded her thanks and they took their leave, crawling down the way they had come. She stood, watching them go before focusing her attention on the Batchers.

She smirked. "Hope no one's afraid of heights."

As if in sync, Hunter and Crosshair looked behind them, and the eyes of all landed on Wrecker.

"Well, I'm not scared of nothing. I just..." he looked down at the long drop below, "When I'm up real high, I got a problem with gravity."

"Speaking of problems," Tech said, typing away at the computer terminal installed into the forearm portion of his armor. He looked up at them. "I am no longer picking up Echo's signal."

Rex faltered. "I... I don't understand. You said it was coming from this city."

Tech looked back down at his terminal. "I can only speculate, but it is possible there's a latency issue with the frequency caused by all these atmospheric disturbances," he closed the terminal before reaching for the data pad stashed in his belt. He lifted it up to scan their surroundings.