𝗋𝖺𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗀𝖾

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

As the Marauder streaked through the swirling expanse of hyperspace, Tech's focused hands delicately adjusted the commlink apparatus around Omega's small forearm

As the Marauder streaked through the swirling expanse of hyperspace, Tech's focused hands delicately adjusted the commlink apparatus around Omega's small forearm. The device appeared almost oversized on her slender frame, wrapping around her arm like a futuristic cuff.

"It's not an exact fit," Tech remarked, his brow furrowed in concentration as he fine-tuned the settings.

Omega's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "I get my own comm device?"

"Technically, it was Crosshair's, but he doesn't appear to need it," Tech replied matter-of-factly, his fingers deftly completing the adjustments.

With a triumphant grin, Omega pressed the activation button on the commlink. "Echo, what's your position? Over," she announced eagerly.

Her words rippled through the hull of the ship, resonating through Echo's communication device as well. Omega raised the device to her ear, eagerly awaiting a response.

Echo cleared his throat, stepping forward with a stern expression. "It's not a toy, Omega," he admonished.

But Omega's grin only widened as she activated the commlink once more with a playful press of a button. "Copy that," she chirped, her excitement undiminished by Echo's warning.

Tech reached for her arm again, his tool adjusting the controls of the device while Omega looked to the Hyperwave transceiver. Hunter sat before the controls, his posture tense yet focused while Talia stood at his side, a slender hand resting atop the backrest of his chair. The two had seemed closer since Pantora.

"Why are we going to Ord Mantell? I thought the plan was to lay low," Omega queried, her voice tinged with innocent curiosity.

Hunter swiveled in his seat, meeting Omega's gaze with a steady look. "Not while a bounty hunter's after you. We need to find out why."

"Talia and I know an informant there named Cid who might be able to help," Echo added.

Talia's arms crossed over her chest, her expression conveying both skepticism and caution. "Know of," she clarified.

Wrecker, effortlessly lifting the defective gonk droid for improvised back squats, chimed in with a gruff voice. "And you trust him?"

"Well, the Jedi trusted him," Echo shrugged.

"The Jedi who are all dead?" Tech questioned, his words cutting through the air like a blade.

A hush descended upon the group, punctuated only by the soft hum of the ship's engines. Tech analyzed the comms device adorning Omega's forearm before sensing the weight of their scrutiny. His gaze shifted, noting the looks Hunter and Echo were giving him. Even Wrecker looked uncomfortable. His fingers absently adjusted his goggles as he searched for the right words.