𝖾𝖼𝗁𝗈𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗑𝗂𝗅𝖾

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

Beyond time and space, an entirely different world seemed to exist, unnoticed and unbound by the realm and laws of realspace

Beyond time and space, an entirely different world seemed to exist, unnoticed and unbound by the realm and laws of realspace. The light of hundreds and thousands of stars streaked past the viewport of the Marauder, appearing in all directions as a swirling tube of blue and white light as the dark shuttle traversed the otherworldly dimension beyond interstellar space.

Aboard the transport, Hunter sat in a crash seat of the central chamber. Everyone else was asleep, and he had been as well, but only for a short time, troubled by his dreams. He came awake to the silence and could not make himself move, paralyzed by more than simply the current state of their affairs.

His eyes drifted then of their own volition to the dark nook of his bedrack. There among the shadows was the slim figure of a woman, lying supine and deathly still. If not for the steady rise and fall of her chest, he truly would have believed her to be dead.

She'd been asleep for at least a full rotation, her condition neither improving nor declining according to Tech. He yearned for her to wake, and yet also feared for when she would. It was a strange and foreign sensation, and it was driving him stir-crazy.

He pushed himself to his feet with a start, fleeing the central chamber with a few silent steps.

Tech was seated at the forward console, hands moving over the controls as he tweaked a set of levers. The silence of the cockpit was comfortable as they went about their business, neither feeling the need for conversation. It wasn't long before they were joined by Echo, and not long after that, Wrecker and Omega.

"Those streaks are stars?" Omega had asked.

"Stars smeared across space-time," Tech had answered. "When we drop out of hyperspace, they will look more like stars."

The cockpit was filled with flashing, blinking lights, and Omega was eager to explore every inch of it. Hunter and the others were relieved that Tech seemed more than willing to answer any and all of her questions. And when at last the cockpit had been thoroughly perused, she moved on to other parts of the ship.

Her enthusiasm was matched by Wrecker who pushed heavy objects aside for her to see or lifted her high to view the upper nooks and crannies. Hunter listened with only half an ear as the two laughed and talked as the long hours amid hyperspace drifted by.

─────────────────────────────────

Hunter pressed a series of buttons on the Hyperwave transceiver. The computer beeped behind him as he marveled at the intermittent silence of the hull, a stark contrast to only hours prior. When he exited the cockpit he found Echo watching over a curious sight.

Wrecker slept to one side, stretched out on the floor amidst the clutter, head back, snoring loudly. Nothing kept the brute from sleeping. Or eating, for that matter. Omega rested nearby, cuddled close and mostly silent, her light snores echoing softly.