1. My Fay

Just in case, you skipped Things you should know... Taming a Wolf is book number 2 of She-Wolf Pack series. Book 1 is Chased by a wolf. I recommend reading it before this one :)

But now...

Enjoy the story :)

He had given her 10 years. 10 years to come to her senses and return to him. In 10 years she would grow tired of her wild ways and could fulfill, what she had called her destiny. 

The whole time, he had known she was in New York. Of course. She was his mate. Of course, he had made sure she was safe. She didn't know that, though. She didn't know that from the very beginning he had a deal with the Ravens. He had promised that this pack would stay out of the city, if, and only if, she was safe. 

He would've given her those 10 years, but then his brother did what he always does. Shawn always had a rebel soul. Rules and deals meant nothing to him. Even less when he found his mate, Evelyn. 

Shawn had put him in a difficult position. The western packs were uniting against him because Shawn had been his usual self. Arrogant and careless. Robert Finnigan was a pack leader from the west. His father had warned him about Finnigan. He was mad. And now this mad dog was getting ready to attack, because Shawn.

But he couldn't really blame Shawn. He had found his mate. And a male wolf is ready to kill and be killed for his mate. 

So, he would've given Fay her 10, but now, nine would have to do. 

He opened his desk drawer and pulled out a picture in a silver frame. 

His Fay.

Just seeing her, though just in a picture, made his heart race. He wanted her so much. She was like a drug injected into his veins. But he was his father's son - an alpha. He had to control himself and his needs. Had he been a bit more like his rebellious brother, Fay wouldn't have gotten her nine years. He would have turned the New York City upside down, dragged Fay home and made sure she never left his lands.

But he was not like Shawn. And maybe that would make things a bit easier. Maybe Fay wouldn't start hating him. He was not going to control her - he was going to keep her safe. Safe from Finnigan. 

He touched her face. Fay had been just 19 when the picture was taken. Her piercing blue eyes laughed at him and her dark brown hair framed her perfect face. He remembered the day the picture was taken.  They still had not known they were mates. It was unusual because wolves could recognize their mates when they became full-grown. But they had been different. 

Even at 19, Fay had been focused. 

Fay Holloway had been raised to think with her own brain, to fight against injustice and to be fiercely independent. She knew she had a destiny - her Irish wolf blood defined her life even more than her being a wolf. 

There was a silent knock on the door. Fay's picture slipped back into the drawer.

"Come in."

"Seth, dear. Are you going to sit here in your office the whole day?" his mother spoke. She was a classy woman. Tall, lean and stylish. She didn't look old but experience radiated from her. 

"Mother, I need to make sure everything goes perfectly," Seth sighed.

Her mother nodded. She walked towards his desk. She wore a dark blue pantsuit and her hair had been blow-dried. She looked like a first lady. And she was, though Seth's father had died years ago. Her mother was a pillar of strength for the pack.  Seth knew his mother didn't like Fay.  She had broken his heart and her mother saw Fay as a threat to traditions. And if there was something his mother loved, it was her children and the traditions.

"When she comes back, things must change," his mother said. 

"Mother, I know."

"Her ideas cannot influence young wolves here. The pack - you will become a laughing-stock if she keeps up with her nonsense. Seth, it is dangerous. You cannot look weak."

"I will handle her, mother," Seth said. Her mother was right,  but her words still annoyed him. 

"I hope you do," she said. She turned her eyes from her son to a big painting on the wall behind him. It was a painting of Seth's father, the all-mighty Alpha Philip Cage. To Seth's mother, he still was a god-like figure. He could do no wrong. 

"Your father would have handled this differently," she said.

Seth chuckled and shook his head. He knew he was nothing compared to his father and his mother's words didn't hurt him. 

"I know, mother."

Seth had inherited the large pack of the east from his father. Seth had been a great leader. He was fair, skilled and trusted. Some might say he was just like his father, but Seth knew better. He could never reach that high. But Seth worked hard to honor Philip Cage's memory. Irish wolf blood ran in Fay's veins and strong Alpha blood in Seth's. He too had a destiny. 

"Who are you sending there?" his mother asked.

"Wilson-"

"Of course."

"Lounge."

"Just two," mother stated. She still had her eyes on Philip.

"No, not just two. I'm  going."

Seth saw her mother's eyes widening. She crossed her arms like she always did when she was about to scold her children.

"You cannot be serious. Leaving the pack, now. Seth! For goodness sake, send more men there. You have to stay here!"

"No, mother. I'm going. She would hate me for the rest of her life if I'd send a group of male wolves to forcefully take her back home."

"And you believe she will not hate you if you do that yourself?"

"I'm not going to kidnap her."

"Then what?"

"She'll come because she wants to."

His mother laughed. 

"And why would she want to come with you now?"

Seth didn't say anything. Instead, he let his eyes drop to his mother's neck. She realized what he was looking at. Her mark.