11. Later

Hey lovelies!

Thank you so much for adding my stories to your reading lists, commenting and encouraging me to update. This chapter is dedicated to BettyIrkch.

Before you read this chap, I recommend reading Fay (the prequel) first. It's just 3 chaps so far, but gives you sooooo much back story! Trust me, you'll get much more out of this one :)

Kisses

M

*****************************

They sure had made a scene. But now serenity had overtaken Fay's mind and body. She stared into her mate's eyes in wonder. He had proved her wrong; he wasn't a bad male. 

"You mean it?" she asked in a whisper. She didn't want to break the moment. 

"Yes, Fay. I mean it." 

There he stood. A male werewolf. An alpha. Not claiming her but acknowledging her. Seeing and loving her and her purpose. Fay had always known Seth was a good person. Even before she knew he was her mate. He was even someone she admired. But after years of seeing women running from their cruel, dominating and sexist male wolves, her memory of Seth had been stained with distrust and rebellion. But know she was filled with dream-like wonder and joy. Seth was hers. Her male wolf.

"Seth," she smiled. "You have me. You and your pack. I will do and sacrifice everything to keep you safe." Her words were like a sacred vow bubbling from her soul. 

"Good," he smiled. Fay noticed a tear in his eye. "I love you, Fay." 

Fay was only able to nod before tears started to fall down. She loved him too and at that moment she hated herself for wasting ten years away from him.

"Let's go home," Seth whispered and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Home. Fay didn't quite know what to think of it. Seth's lands had never felt home to her. When she was a teenager, she had counted days to leave. The last time she had been there, she had just figured out Seth was her mate. And after that, it took no more than 20 minutes to run away. Her father didn't live there anymore. He had moved to Ireland. He hadn't known her exact location, but they had constantly talked on FaceTime and a couple times they had met in Iceland. There are no werewolves in Iceland so it had been a perfect place to meet. But there sure were werewolves in Hancock County Maine. And more precisely in a little town called Blackwood Bay. Population 973 - and the werewolf population... 948. Fay was nervous facing these 948 wolves. Most of them were "old school" like Seth's mother. It was unacceptable to behave the way Fay had.  There would most likely be an invincible scarlet letter on her when she'd face them.

"Are you coming?"

Fay looked at Seth who was now extending his hand to her. She placed hers in his but didn't bother to try to hide her hesitation. He'd sense it anyway.

"Darling, everything will be fine. I'll keep the wolves away. Besides, my sister will be there. You won't be the only wild she-wolf." Just as he finished saying that, Seth's phone rang. Without checking who was calling, he answered.

"Okay," was all he said before putting the phone back to his pocket. "Lounge got the car and he'll be here in a minute. Wilson, make sure Ollie and my sister will follow us. I don't want to leave Se-Shay in the city now that. You know why." 

Wilson nodded and left them. 

"What did you mean? You don't want to leave your sister here now?"

"Let's talk about it later, ok."

Fay frowned, but let it go. 

*******

Later was not something Fay could've ever expected. Later was a needle piercing her skin. Later was a warm sensation going through her veins. Later was a fire burning her wolf senses away. Later was her not feeling a mate bond.

Seth had just turned his back to open the passenger door of the dark gray BMW for them to climb in when someone yanked Fay away from him. This, someone, was a stone-faced Raven girl. Black straight hair and black eyes. Black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. Everything was black about her. Her tight and forceful grip startled Fay and before she or Seth could do anything, the Raven stuck a needle into her forearm and just as swiftly she pulled it out. 

"What the hell!?" Seth boomed and grabbed the Raven by her shirt collar. He slammed her against the car and held her still. The Raven looked unphased and stared into Seth's eyes without a glimpse of emotion in hers.

"Mrs. Trinh sends her regards" she spoke. 

Seth took a sharp breath because a weird sensation run through his body. He heard a whimper escape Fay's lips. He released his grip on the raven turned to Fay, who was also leaning against the car. She was breathing hard and had both of her hands on her chest. With every breath, Seth could feel her disappearing from him. Like sand slipping through his fingers, the mate bond started to fade away.