2. Corn on the cob

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

,,She's perfect, Yasha, how did you manage to find such a treasure"

A man's voice rang through the room. It sounded hollow and far away and the room overall was very blurry. Almost as if it never really happened.

Another man chuckled. The sound of his hand clapping on the back of the other man in praise, echoed through the room.

,,Well, it took a while but with our ... relation-"

Yasha laughed, his sentence blurring into the indistinct backround noises before he cound finish. Both men got even more blurry as everything melted into an indistinct, loud mess. Flashbacks raced by in front of Saylors eyes. All the flashbacks she hoped to never have to see again.

There were girls doing ballet in perfect synch, their faces stoic, almost lifeless. In the distance, there were pleads and begs of other girls, asking for one more chance.

She couldn't move, she just stood there, unable to help the many girls who had to endure the same kind of torture she did.

And then, there was a loud, shot-like noise, followed by a blood curdling scream.

Saylor shot up straight from the nightmare, heart beating so hard she could feel it in her head, hands trembling and breathing heavily. Even though she left the red room, the memories still haunted her dreams.

Before she could think about it further, there was a soft knock on the door. Her head snapped towards the direction it came from, just to be met with the sight of her best friend, standing in the doorway with a frown on her face.

,,Hey sleeping beauty, had a good rest?"

Juliette smirked, her voice holding a mix of sass and worry. It must've been quite the shock to find your best friend bleeding out on your bed room floor.

Saylor chuckled as she ran her hands through her hair. Turns out, that was a wrong decision. The motion caused a sharp pain in the area she'd been stabbed to just a few hours ago.

,,Arghh"

The brunette groaned, clutching her stomach. Luckily, Juliette was quick to react. She immediately rushed to her side, pressing a compression pad to the already existing bandage, which slowly seeped with blood.

,,Why wouldn't you just call me in situations like these?? I swear to god, Saylor, every time"

She swore as she replaced the bandage with a fresh one. Even though she loved her best friend to pieces, her stubborn nature had almost gotten her killed countless times in the past two months.

,,It's too dangerous, Jules. You haven't got any combat experience, I'm not letting you fight against the people who have been in that hell hole even longer than I have"

Saylor shut down the idea, trying to help her with the bandage. Juliette swatted her hand away with a sigh.

,,Yea yea, I know. Turn around"

She instructed, her voice slightly annoyed. Saylor did as she was told, still, she tried seeing what her best friend was doing.

Juliette tied the remaining pieces of the bandage together, before she let her hands fall into her lap. She couldn't work if the 16 year old was constantly moving.