6. Familiar faces

˚☆⋆。˚ ✩⧗⧗⧗˚✩ ⋆。☆˚

Saylors POV:

Earlier that day:

Saylor was wandering the streets of New York, pondering over the new nightmares she kept having and why she had them, considering that she had blocked all memories including the scenes that kept waking her up at night.

All of a sudden though, she was stopped, a person she'd grown to know over the past two years. A fellow widow, only that she wasn't free, someone who a certain assassin hadn't seen in over five years.

,,Yelena"

Saylor whispered, face to face with the blonde, who apparently had no recollection of who the 16 year old was. There wasn't a trace of emotion on her face, only the gun raised to her head.

,,I'd really hate to do this, Yel. It's me, Saylor"

She tried negotiating, staring at the girl who had been like her big sister for the past two, horrible years. Internally, she still felt terrible for not taking the blonde with her, but she had to leave or it would've caused fatal consequences.

,,Eyes on target. Permission to execute"

Yelena informed, her voice cold and almost robotic. Only hearing those words out of her friend's mouth made Saylor want to cry.

Still, she had to keep it together and find a way not to get killed any moment. She had to realise that this, this wasn't the Yelena she knew. So, before the blonde could even react, Saylor had two fingers pressed again the woman's temple, temporarily robbing her of free will.

,,Ooookay, Yelena, you aren't you, so I'm gonna go"

The 16 year old pushed the gun, which had been pressed against the side of her head down, glancing at her former "colleague" once more, before taking off running. She had about 3 minutes before Yelena woke up from her trance and if she thought about it, the blonde probably wasn't the only one out for her.

But, just when she thought her past catching up to her was gonna be her only problem, she noticed someone else following her.

Saylor had the avengers on her tail, more specially, Black widow.

,,Ahh, for fucks sake, not today, widow"

She swore under her breath, her mind racing as she thought about how to get rid of her. This really wasn't her day.

And that's when she made a mistake. Instead of continuing to walk straight ahead, she chose to take a turn into an alley, which, unfortunately for her was a dead end.