23. What is going on?

In the morning, I made my way to the kitchen.

I was shocked at the sight of Sebastian. Bruises, scratches everywhere and he is walking strange. He noticed me "Is something N/A?" "Never mind me, what happened to you? Did you have a fight with a bunch of cats?"

The butler laughed uncomfortable "yes...that is what happened."

"Well anyway, what are my chores today?"

He handed me the paper, a she made his way to the oven "What about your hip?"

He tensed up "What about it?"

"What happened?"

"The cats?"

I looked at him skeptical "What were you doing with the poor cats?"

"Not what you are thinking!"

"Relax, it is just...I never seen you with a woman."

He turned his back to me "I'm case you have forgotten I am a butler and your husband soon."

That wasn't a convincing answer to me "How many women did you have before me?"

"One"

"One?" I teased.

"Okay...two. Now stop pestering me and get to work."

"Yes Sir!" I left with a smile on my face. Taking everything I need from the washing room. While doing my chores I couldn't help but think about Sebastian. What kind of women where they? Did he love them? He doesn't show much of affection. Is he shy? Or even Nervous? The thoughts didn't stop, not even after work. While I was making myself ready for bed, I could hear a loud bang. I got my jacket and headed straight to the sound. This time it wasn't Bard or Finny. I checked on Mey Rin...nope no accidents here. So where is it coming from?

Another bang!

"Was that outside?" I said out loud, but this time...straight towards the main door.

It was Sebastian, fighting off the legendary grim reaper...once again. "I never expect you to come back so soon reaper" said the butler. His wounds didn't heal properly and the new ones make it all worse. The mortician threw him against the door twice, and still he gets up on his feet. "I told you that I will come back...to get her." Undertaker blocked the demon's attack, as Sebastian was trying to aim for the reaper's face. The mortician took his foot and pushed him, with enough strength, to the floor. The impact made Sebastian wince, his old wounds were reopened. Undertaker leaned on top of him, chuckling creepy at the butler "You really think you can protect her...from me? You are quite interesting...my dear butler."

Undertaker gave the demon space to get up, only to be attacked again. Sebastian couldn't concentrate because of the pain and landed inside the bushes. The mortician followed him.

At the same time, I arrived at the door.

Since it was nighttime, I couldn't see anything through the windows. But it was clear now...the sound came from outside. I opened the door and peeked through it. "Are you kidding me?" I said, as no sound was heard "It came from outside, I am sure of it." I waited for a few minutes...and there...something was rustling in the bushes. Slowly, I tip-toed over to the area, I tensed up, the rustling becomes louder. Now I could hear someone talk...

"My, my butler I didn't know you had it in you."

...the voice was familiar...

"Same goes for you."

...and the other voice...Sebastian?

"Hello?" I said out loud. Silence fell over the forest. I tried again "Hello? Sebastian? Undertaker?" I jumped, as they came out of the bushes. Both looked horrible, their clothes were ripped and they had bruises and scratches all over. What the hell were they doing?

"What are you two doing here in the middle of the night?"

Sebastian tired to reverse the question, but I told him the truth, that I was awakened by the noise "Now then, your turn."

"We were talking" began the butler.

"In the middle of the night...in the bushes?"

Next was Undertakers turn "We...eh...had a discussion....about....the forest."

"Is that why you have this?" I said, pointing at the scythe, leaning against the tree. Sebastian tired to convince me, that Undertaker does this beside his mortician n job...taking care of trees.

Seriously, who is he trying to fool...me or himself?

I pretended to belief his story. Before I left I went over to Undertaker "Will you come tomorrow to visit me?" The mortician grinned, while Sebastian was mentally destroyed. "Of course sweetheart, I love to." I grinned happy, leaving the two alone.

They weren't aware that I hid behind the door, listening to their conversation.

"Working with trees? Are you kidding me?"

The butler sighted "I didn't know what else to say. Just leave now...I have to see your face again tomorrow."

"Ah Sebastian, I hope you don't miss me for the time being."

Sebastian snorted "highly unlikely!"

"Well then, I will see you tomorrow my dear butler."

The minute I didn't hear them anymore, I rushed back to bed. I was screaming like a fan girl inside my head. Could it be? Is that possible?

I giggled at the thought; I was sure now "Sebastian and Undertaker are in love."

At the same time, a shiver went down Sebastian and Undertaker's spine.