Chapter 1

Kira POV

I was sitting at the table with my family. We were just discussing our problem with the vampires and werewolves who are trying to make our lives difficult. "It's not like someone hasn't been trying to make our lives difficult or even kill us our whole lives," I said, looking at my siblings.

I saw my twin brother about to disagree with me when our older sister intervened. "Nick, you know she's right. Our lives have never been easy. We should be grateful that we have some time for ourselves right now. And you can take care of Hope," Freya said.

We all heard Klaus grumble and reluctantly agree. Before I could say anything, the front door opened, and Hope entered with Lizzie and Josie. When Hope saw all of us sitting at the table, she looked at us all with a questioning expression. "What are you all doing here? Has something happened that I don't know about?" she asked now.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to the three to greet them. "Everything's fine, little wolf. We were just wondering what to do with our free time," I said now. Before Hope could say anything else, my phone rang. Seeing who was calling me, I wondered what she wanted from me now.

I answered the call. "What brings me the honor of a goddess like you calling me?" I asked now. I listened to her attentively, and when I heard what she wanted from me, I just sighed. "Okay, I'll come. And then you'll explain everything to me again, in detail. I'll be there within a day at the latest," was my response, and then I hung up.

"What's going on? Who was that, Kira?" Rebekah asked me now. I wasn't sure how to answer that question, as I myself didn't know exactly what it was about.

"It was an old friend of mine. And she needs my help with something. She'll tell me exactly what when I get there," I explained.

"And where are you headed this time, little sister?" Klaus asked now, and from his tone, I immediately sensed that he knew exactly who had called me.

"Just because you're 12 minutes older than me doesn't mean you have to rub it in my face all the time. I'll be heading to Romania today," I replied. At my response, he grinned, knowing exactly what I meant by it.

"The last time you were in Romania was in the 1920s. And you stayed there for quite some time, Kira," Elijah said now. "What can I say, it was quiet down there. And I didn't hear much about our sibling drama," I replied.

"If it's project day, will you be back here? You promised me you'd be there too," came from Hope now. I looked at Hope when I heard what she said. Yes, I had promised her, and I will keep my promise.

"Of course, I'll be there. I promised you after all, and I keep my promises. I'm looking forward to seeing what you three have prepared."

"Thank you, Aunt Kira. Will you bring us something when you come back?"

"Of course. I know just the right person to ask for unique gifts. I should get ready now. See you when I get back," I said and then disappeared into my room.

After packing my suitcase, I sat in the car with Freya, Rebekah, and Hayley. The three of them wanted to take me to the airport. "Be careful there. We know you can defend yourself, but still, the worry of having you alone there is great. We can't be down there quickly to help you," Freya said as we arrived at the airport.

"I'll be careful. And keep me updated on how things are going between Klaus and Caroline. I want him to finally be happy. And Hayley, don't keep Elijah waiting too long." I barely finished saying this before quickly getting out of the car, knowing about her feelings for Elijah. Hayley showed me the middle finger, and then the car drove off again. I entered the airport and waited for a flight to Romania.